Multicharts freeze when connecting to TWS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Leo

Multicharts freeze when connecting to TWS

Postby Leo » 25 Nov 2015

Hi all,

I don't have a clue as to why this happens but in the last days (after upgrading to the latest version) every time I try to connect MC to the TWS, MC freezes for about 30 seconds and then it connects. Moreover, when trying to open charts with trading systems on them, MC freezes again and it takes a lot of time to open the chart. Everything works fine if I try to connect MC to my demo Oanda accounts so it looks like there is something wrong in the connection between MC and TWS.
I havent changed any settings in both the TWS and MC, and I have never had a problem before.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall both the TWS and MC but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for any support.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Multicharts freeze when connecting to TWS

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Dec 2015

Hello Leo,

Please add all MultiCharts processes to the trusted list / scanning exceptions of your anti virus:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 07 Dec 2015

I've noticed the "delay" to connect as well, probably not 30 seconds on my machine (maybe 15 sec though). I just connect to TWS a few minutes before the market opens..so it doesn't affect anything... I don't recall previous versions taking so long either..

Leo

Postby Leo » 10 Dec 2015

Hello Leo,

Please add all MultiCharts processes to the trusted list / scanning exceptions of your anti virus:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes
Hi Henry,

I'm running MC on a Windows Server 2008 and have also uninstalled the antivirus but that didn't solve the problem.
As soon as I start MC, it freezes (program not responding) while trying to connect to the TWS. It reamins frozen for a couple of minuts and finally it connects (green dot).
Afterward, when manually opening Workspaces, it takes a lot to load charts (backfilling...) and often, when charts are finaly loaded, the autotrade (I use Async mode) is not loaded.
I've been running MC for months without any problem and all of a sudden I started experiencing this problem.
I've also tried to format the HD where the MC and TWS were installed and reinstalled them but was unsuccessfull.

Thanks fo any help

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Dec 2015

Hello Leo,

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely to our engineers. To do that click on Live Chat icon at the top of our web page https://www.multicharts.com/
We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”