Daily Chart Doesn't Display Studies  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TrendFirst

Daily Chart Doesn't Display Studies

Postby TrendFirst » 02 Dec 2015

MC randomly stops displaying studies on my daily charts. A jpg is attached showing the issue. The intraday charts are fine. I've deleted and replaced the studies several times. Upon replacement, the studies are displayed. But if I leave the chart and come back, they are gone.

If I delete the chart and replace it with a new one, this solves the problem for a bit. But it has returned repeatedly, at random times.

I'm using MC 9.1, build 12010 in a Windows 10 environment.
Attachments
Daily Chart No Studies.JPG
(106.59 KiB) Downloaded 838 times

TJ

Re: Daily Chart Doesn't Display Studies

Postby TJ » 05 Dec 2015

MC randomly stops displaying studies on my daily charts. A jpg is attached showing the issue. The intraday charts are fine. I've deleted and replaced the studies several times. Upon replacement, the studies are displayed. But if I leave the chart and come back, they are gone.

If I delete the chart and replace it with a new one, this solves the problem for a bit. But it has returned repeatedly, at random times.

I'm using MC 9.1, build 12010 in a Windows 10 environment.
How many symbols do you have on the chart?
What are the resolutions?

Have you tried other symbol combinations? Do the indicators disappear the same?

TrendFirst

Postby TrendFirst » 05 Dec 2015

Thank you for your reply. I'm not really clear what you mean by how many symbols are on the chart, or what a symbol combination is. I attached a chart showing one symbol (didn't know more than one symbol could be displayed on a chart?) at a resolution of one day. It also happened on resolutions of week and month, while intraday charts worked fine.

Since I'm not clear about your questions, I'll give a summary of how I'm running MC - one instance of MC is running with four workspaces. Three workspaces have one scanner window open, and all charts in each workspace are linked to their respective scanner window, so chart symbols change when I select an instrument in the scanner window.

1) Stocks Workspace: 4 attached intraday charts, 2 detached charts with resolution of one day and one week. Scanner window has four groups and approximately 100 instruments in it.

2) Futures Workspace: 2 attached intraday time charts, 2 attached intraday tick charts, 4 detached intraday charts, 1 detached daily chart. Futures scanner window has 13 instruments.

3) Forex Workspace: 2 attached intraday time charts, 2 attached intraday tick charts, 3 detached intraday charts, 2 detached charts daily & weekly, scanner window has 14 instruments.

4) News: 4 attached intraday tick charts, no scanner.

I also have two instances of IB TWS running. Both are financial advisor accounts. Only one sub-account in one of the advisor accounts is linked to MC, which is used for futures and forex trades.

Basic system info summary is attached as well. Thanks again.

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Dec 2015

Thank you for your reply. I'm not really clear what you mean by how many symbols are on the chart, or what a symbol combination is. I attached a chart showing one symbol (didn't know more than one symbol could be displayed on a chart?) at a resolution of one day. It also happened on resolutions of week and month, while intraday charts worked fine.

Since I'm not clear about your questions, I'll give a summary of how I'm running MC - one instance of MC is running with four workspaces. Three workspaces have one scanner window open, and all charts in each workspace are linked to their respective scanner window, so chart symbols change when I select an instrument in the scanner window.

1) Stocks Workspace: 4 attached intraday charts, 2 detached charts with resolution of one day and one week. Scanner window has four groups and approximately 100 instruments in it.

2) Futures Workspace: 2 attached intraday time charts, 2 attached intraday tick charts, 4 detached intraday charts, 1 detached daily chart. Futures scanner window has 13 instruments.

3) Forex Workspace: 2 attached intraday time charts, 2 attached intraday tick charts, 3 detached intraday charts, 2 detached charts daily & weekly, scanner window has 14 instruments.

4) News: 4 attached intraday tick charts, no scanner.

I also have two instances of IB TWS running. Both are financial advisor accounts. Only one sub-account in one of the advisor accounts is linked to MC, which is used for futures and forex trades.

Basic system info summary is attached as well. Thanks again.
You can have multiple symbols on the same chart.
I wasn't sure what you are doing, that's why I asked.

Your situation is most unusual; I have not seen it before.
Have you tried to expand (stretch horizontally) your chart to see if the indicators would come back?

Does it happen on a detached chart?

You might have to use LiveChat with Tech Support; they can sort the problem online.

TrendFirst

Postby TrendFirst » 05 Dec 2015

You can have multiple symbols on the same chart.
I wasn't sure, that's why I asked.

Your situation is most unusual; I have not seen it before.
Have you tried to expand (stretch horizontally) your chart to see if the indicators would come back?

Does it happen on a detached chart?

You might have to use LiveChat with Tech Support; they can sort the problem online.
Hmmm.....I'll have to look up that multiple symbol thing, sounds useful.

I did not try expanding the charts. All the charts where the problem occurred were detached. But some of my intraday charts were detached as well, so it seems to be a time-related thing rather than a detached/attached thing. "Recalculate All Indicators" did not work either, by the way.

I'll contact Tech Support via LiveChat when it happens again, and give them a look. Just thought I would try here first, to avoid burning up live trading time. I knew it was a long shot since it seems random.

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Dec 2015

Hmmm.....I'll have to look up that multiple symbol thing, sounds useful.
::
Right click on the chart,

select Add Instrument...

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Dec 2015

see post #4

(4) [FAQ] Multiple time frame, Multi-Data Analysis
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6929

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Daily Chart Doesn't Display Studies  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Mar 2016

Hello TrendFirst,

Please make sure you have updated to MultiCharts 9.1 Release 3 (builds 12410/12411) as it has similar issue addressed. If you still have the issue - please let us know.

TrendFirst

Postby TrendFirst » 14 Mar 2016

Hi Henry

I updated as soon as it was available, haven't noticed the problem again.

Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”