Way to stop the PLE compiling

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
evdl

Way to stop the PLE compiling

Postby evdl » 03 Dec 2015

Some of my scripts take 3 minutes to compile. Often when I just press compile, I see some code that needs to be adjusted. I would like to break off the compiling and save me 3 minutes of staring at my monitors. Or when by mistake you select compile all studies in stead of compiling the current study.

Is there a way to break off the compiling of a script in PLE. For example with ctrl-break or something.

tony

Re: Way to stop the PLE compiling

Postby tony » 03 Dec 2015

Curious, roughly how many lines of code is one signal? Three minutes sounds like an insane amount of time.

evdl

Re: Way to stop the PLE compiling

Postby evdl » 04 Dec 2015

Around 15000 lines. After 10000 lines the editor gets sluggish. When typing new variabels, the colorscheme refresh alone, will take about 30 seconds. And as mentioned the compiling gets slow. I have a fast pc with a lot of ram.

In the past I used ADE to send indicator values from other charts to the main script which places the orders (slave to master scripts). Because of timing issues and problems with BM on multi time frames, I build native time frames in the main script of other timeframes. And this takes some line of codes.

The current script is for testing purposes. And this will decrease to around 7500 lines if I filter out code that does not contribute to a better result when using it in production.

Return to “MultiCharts”