Compile error line 0, column 0

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
whammer

Compile error line 0, column 0

Postby whammer » 01 Jan 2016

Ok, i have just about had it with this problem. It has been around for years and is a pernicious time waster. This needs to be solved and forever forgotten. The initial advice given was remove the study being compiled which is a pain in itself seeing you may have a dozen instances of it loaded. But this disease has advanced further and now the error appears when there are NO instances of the study because the study is brand new and never been loaded. I have read the discussion here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48786&p=117995&hili ... 0+#p117995
I have to say not only is it incomprehensible it is ridiculously time consuming. One can spend a day or more messing with this because a few uninstalls and reinstalls alone can take 6-7 hours.

Enough is enough. This needs to be FIXED permanently NOW.
Last edited by whammer on 02 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

TJ

Re: Compile error line 0, column 0

Postby TJ » 01 Jan 2016

Ok, i have just about had with this problem. It has been around for years and is a pernicious time waster. This needs to be solved and forever forgotten. The initial advice given was remove the study being compiled which is a pain in itself seeing you may have a dozen instances of it loaded. But this disease has advanced further and now the error appears when there are NO instances of the study because the study is brand new and never been loaded. I have read the discussion here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48786&p=117995&hili ... 0+#p117995
I have to say not only is it incomprehensible it is ridiculously time consuming. One can spend a day or more messing with this because a few uninstalls and reinstalls alone can take 6-7 hours.

Enough is enough. This needs to be FIXED permanently NOW.
Please state the MultiCharts version you are using.

Is this a problem in a new installation?

whammer

Postby whammer » 02 Jan 2016

Thanks for responding TJ. The problem was not with a new installation. I was using MC64 9.0.11210-400. I tried the reinstall - it failed. I updated to the latest beta and that appears to work for the moment. This has happened with numerous previous versions so my confidence longer term is very low. This "fix" is far far from a straight line fix, if you can even call it a fix, took 7 hours to get working The "fix" was not due to any simple or complex procedure. It was luck. It just "happened" to work. This has happened to me at least 10 times over the last few years. Sometimes it responds, short term, to making a minimal change in the code such as removing a semicolon and a change-back, then recompile but that solution degrades over time - a few weeks.

The time of a complete fix given in the link would would take a couple days given that some of the procedures, it is admitted, will not work.

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Jan 2016

Thanks for responding TJ. The problem was not with a new installation. I was using MC64 9.0.11210-400. I tried the reinstall - it failed. I updated to the latest beta and that appears to work for the moment. This has happened with numerous previous versions so my confidence longer term is very low. This "fix" is far far from a straight line fix, if you can even call it a fix, took 7 hours to get working The "fix" was not due to any simple or complex procedure. It was luck. It just "happened" to work. This has happened to me at least 10 times over the last few years. Sometimes it responds, short term, to making a minimal change in the code such as removing a semicolon and a change-back, then recompile but that solution degrades over time - a few weeks.

The time of a complete fix given in the link would would take a couple days given that some of the procedures, it is admitted, will not work.
This problem is not experienced by most of the users. The "fix" is not needed by most people.

Please make sure you set all MC modules as trusted programs.
Please always start MC as Administrator.

If you have re-installed your Windows,
make sure you have applied all the service paks and updates.

tony

Postby tony » 03 Jan 2016

Is your error found under this http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... mnEnd_0%29

I have come across it once previously, as have other users on the forum.

pfp

Postby pfp » 04 Jan 2016

Gentlemen, I do have the same Problem as well, and it is not the first time!
It is simply frustrating. I am using Version 9.1 Release (Build 11815) - 64bit. Everything installed as Administrator. I totally agree, that I do hope it will be solved with an upcoming Version - forever!

LRP

Postby LRP » 05 Jan 2016

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Jan 2016

Gentlemen, I do have the same Problem as well, and it is not the first time!
It is simply frustrating. I am using Version 9.1 Release (Build 11815) - 64bit. Everything installed as Administrator. I totally agree, that I do hope it will be solved with an upcoming Version - forever!
Hello pfp,

If you still have the compilation error-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST.
To do that click on Live Chat icon at the top of our web page https://www.multicharts.com/
We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”