Volume from one instrument and price data from another?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sebastian Vermont

Volume from one instrument and price data from another?  [SOLVED]

Postby Sebastian Vermont » 20 Jan 2016

Hello,

I would like to use the volume from one forex instrument (the eSignal composite EUR A0-FX, for example) and price data from another instrument (eSignal's EUR@FXDD A0-FX) in the same chart window. Is this possible?

To clarify on what I'm after:
  • MultiCharts pulls the eSignal tick volume and uses it as volume just fine. So even though forex does not have centralized volume, etc, that part works fine.

Currently, for example, I can use either the EUR A0-FX symbol for price and volume, or the EUR@FXDD A0-FX symbol for price and volume. I want to be able to "mix and match", so to speak.
Thanks for any help or direction. I am still new to MultiCharts.

TJ

Re: Volume from one instrument and price data from another?

Postby TJ » 20 Jan 2016

Hello,

I would like to use the volume from one forex instrument (the eSignal composite EUR A0-FX, for example) and price data from another instrument (eSignal's EUR@FXDD A0-FX) in the same chart window. Is this possible?

To clarify on what I'm after:
  • MultiCharts pulls the eSignal tick volume and uses it as volume just fine. So even though forex does not have centralized volume, etc, that part works fine.

Currently, for example, I can use either the EUR A0-FX symbol for price and volume, or the EUR@FXDD A0-FX symbol for price and volume. I want to be able to "mix and match", so to speak.
Thanks for any help or direction. I am still new to MultiCharts.

The volume data is part and parcel of an instrument's quote.
You will need to add the instrument to the chart as data2.

See post #4
(4) [FAQ] Multiple time frame, Multi-Data Analysis
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6929

Sebastian Vermont

Postby Sebastian Vermont » 21 Jan 2016

Thanks TJ, I am looking through this today. This seems to be exactly what I want.

Sebastian Vermont

Postby Sebastian Vermont » 26 Jan 2016

I have finished digging into this. I am shocked at how easily MultiCharts manipulates multiple streams of data. Once again, this product has greatly exceeded my expectations. Thanks again to TJ for the help, and I encourage anyone that has been putting off dealing with multiple data streams to look into this-- it is incredibly easy and well integrated.

Return to “MultiCharts”