Orders in Paper Trader always "Submitted" but never executed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
howg0924

Orders in Paper Trader always "Submitted" but never executed

Postby howg0924 » 20 Jan 2016

I opened two realtime charts for two TAISE stocks, 1101 and 2002. And I placed some orders to the Paper Trader broker profile using the same data feed. No matter what order I placed, it is always shown as “Submitted”, and it never get executed. (see attached screen snapshot) I'm using MC v9.1 build 12010.

How come is that? Did I do anything wrong?
Attachments
Paper Trader Problem.png
(201.74 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Orders in Paper Trader always "Submitted" but never exec

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Jan 2016

Hello howg0924,

Please try deleting the symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile.
Go to Multicharts->File->Broker profiles->Symbol mapping->Paper Trader profile->Remove all.

howg0924

Postby howg0924 » 25 Jan 2016

Hello howg0924,

Please try deleting the symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile.
Go to Multicharts->File->Broker profiles->Symbol mapping->Paper Trader profile->Remove all.
Hi, Henry:

I tried this but the problem is still the same. When I deleted symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile and restarted MC, MC automatically added new symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile as shown in the attached file. Then I placed some new orders, they are still shown as "Submitted" but never get executed.

Could this be caused by incorrect timezone or currency setting? Do I need to upload log files?
Attachments
Paper Trader Problem 2.png
(208.2 KiB) Downloaded 418 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Feb 2016

Hi, Henry:

I tried this but the problem is still the same. When I deleted symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile and restarted MC, MC automatically added new symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile as shown in the attached file. Then I placed some new orders, they are still shown as "Submitted" but never get executed.

Could this be caused by incorrect timezone or currency setting? Do I need to upload log files?
Hello howg0924,

Here is how to edit Paper Trader Symbol Mapping:
  1. Disconnect the Paper Trader broker profile;
  2. Hit Reset in the Paper Trader settings (all open positions and active orders will be removed from Paper Trader);
  3. Remove all lines in Symbol Mapping of the Paper Trader broker profile;
  4. Re-add symbols From the Data Source;
  5. Create a chart for EUR.USD, open the Chart Trading Panel and select as your broker profile Paper Trader.
It should be working then.

Return to “MultiCharts”