Paper Trader DOM Using CQG API

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eegroup

Paper Trader DOM Using CQG API

Postby eegroup » 29 Jan 2016

I am attempting to use the Paper Trader DOM to test some simulation trade executions (manually entered) with my live CQG data feed and CQG API trading connection.

When a trade gets executed manually in the DOM, the order gets placed and filled, but does not show up in the DOM, nor is the PnL tracked in the DOM. Additionally, the Cancel All, Close and Reverse buttons are grayed out (not active), when there are open positions in existence.

The orders do show up in the Order and Position Tracker Window, when placing orders in the DOM, clicking on the Buy and Sell buttons, which are active.

Are these the normal events that I should be experiencing with using the DOM with the Paper Trader connected, in conjuction with using the CQG API for sim trading? If not, what do I need to do to correct this situation?

Thank you!

arnie

Re: Paper Trader DOM Using CQG API

Postby arnie » 30 Jan 2016

I am attempting to use the Paper Trader DOM to test some simulation trade executions (manually entered) with my live CQG data feed and CQG API trading connection.

When a trade gets executed manually in the DOM, the order gets placed and filled, but does not show up in the DOM, nor is the PnL tracked in the DOM. Additionally, the Cancel All, Close and Reverse buttons are grayed out (not active), when there are open positions in existence.

The orders do show up in the Order and Position Tracker Window, when placing orders in the DOM, clicking on the Buy and Sell buttons, which are active.

Are these the normal events that I should be experiencing with using the DOM with the Paper Trader connected, in conjuction with using the CQG API for sim trading? If not, what do I need to do to correct this situation?

Thank you!
do you see the orders on the chart?

try deleting the symbol mappings you have

Return to “MultiCharts”