ASCII Data Import Error  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
scuba

ASCII Data Import Error

Postby scuba » 07 Feb 2016

Hi All.

I've been having problems importing ASCII data lately and witnessing some strange behavior... Previously working ASCII Tickers are no longer being displayed in my Workspaces...

I'm getting an error message sometimes when I'm use "ASCII Data Import". The message is:
"Error: Conditions for resolution "Day"." being displayed.
--See the attached image.

I've checked this line and the surrounding data and there are no issue that I can see. The data looks fine. I can't see what the error is about.

(Note these are daily price or indicator quotes from various sources in the form:
Date, Time,Open High,Low, Close") - and for a couple of years there were no problems using this...

I've cleaned cashes and reduced the DB already...

I'm also thinking that my database might be corrupted.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
ASCII Error.png
(14.52 KiB) Downloaded 752 times

TJ

Re: ASCII Data Import Error

Postby TJ » 07 Feb 2016

Which MultiCharts version you are using?

Most likely there is a bad "character/number" in the file.

How big is the file?

You can post the file and let others give it a try?

scuba

Re: ASCII Data Import Error  [SOLVED]

Postby scuba » 07 Feb 2016

TJ
The data import error problem is solved !(duplicate date). But unfortunately solving this does not fix the bigger issue I have with ASCII Data and Quote Manager...

One day, one group of ASCII Tickers loads in my charts and then next time I open MC I get a "no data" displayed on these same charts. Meanwhile other tickers (using ASCII data) load without problem.

I seem to have to go into Quote Manager and reload data for the tickers that don't display. Then I use Crtl R to reload the charts and this display fine. When I shut down and restart MC, I have to go through all this again because the same charts or sometimes different ones do not display...
Does this make sense?

Prior to about 2 weeks ago, everything was FINE. I've be using these same ASCII data Tickers for 2 years previously without this reloading/no data issues.

I somehow think my database is corrupt. Is there a way to reset everything and start over?

The9000

Postby The9000 » 09 Feb 2016

+1

I'm having the same problem.

If I import symbols using ASCII mapping, the symbols show up in the Quote Manager however when I try to chart them I get 'No Data'. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

This is on 10 years of daily data and 10 years of 2 minute data. It randomly works on either.

If I then find the symbols in the Quote Manager, right click on the symbol and select

Import Data -> ASCII

and import the data using ASCII Import instead of ASCII mapping, the data shows up however it of course does not update like ASCII mapping. And I have to do it one symbol at a time which is bit over the top considering I have 35 files to update every afternoon after market close.

shane1800

Postby shane1800 » 03 Mar 2016

Me too!

It was working for weeks and then "no data" and cannot view the data in QuoteManager.

This same file works fine in TS and there are no duplicate lines or dates so really not sure what to do.

Please keep us updated if you find a fix. The new MC software did not make a difference.

FIX: I had to delete the symbol and start mapping again.

Return to “MultiCharts”