Chart not updating ...  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
benho

Chart not updating ...

Postby benho » 08 Feb 2016

Hi there,

Today I add a new currency pair (USD.CHF) to Multicharts and QM. Enable the Collect RT Data w/o plotting. From QM, I see the tick data coming in. However, the chart is just not updating itself, while the other charts are all normal. I have tried the following:

1. Disable the Collect RT Data w/o plotting, no help.
2. I use the chart USD.JPY which is updating as normal, change the symbol from USD.JPY while all settings keep unchanged (double checked). No help.
3. I close MC and start it again, no help.
4. Change the sessions setting from "Default" to "24hrs". No help.

It is very strange that QM is receiving data but the chart is just not updating. What is wrong ? Can anyone give me some hints ?

Thanks.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
(143.39 KiB) Downloaded 703 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Chart not updating ...

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Feb 2016

Hello benho,

We were unable to replicate this behavior on our end.
Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely.
We will do our best to help you.

JoshM

Re: Chart not updating ...

Postby JoshM » 09 Feb 2016

It is very strange that QM is receiving data but the chart is just not updating. What is wrong ? Can anyone give me some hints ?
Is the data collected in the QuoteManager for USD.CHF the same data as plotted on the chart? I don't know how IB reports 'trade' data for forex, but if no trades happen in USD.CHF during the time period of the screenshot, the chart won't be updated while bid and ask prices can still be collected by the QuoteManager.

benho

Re: Chart not updating ...  [SOLVED]

Postby benho » 09 Feb 2016

Hi Henry & JoshM,

The chart is updating now after I restart the PC after all the markets closed. I do nothing but just carried out the normal daily reset after running for 24hrs.

JoshM, FYI, there was data collected in QuoteManager for USD.CHF. But the chart just frozen there and was not updating for a whole day until now. Definitely there were trades happened in USD.CHF yesterday. I could see the USD.CHF chart updating in IB.

Anyway, thanks again for your attention.

Regards

Return to “MultiCharts”