No TS data  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tozwp

No TS data

Postby tozwp » 16 Feb 2016

Message at top of chart for the symbols from TS on the chart "No data". Chart has futures data from IB and other data from TS. Data from IB charts fine if I remove the TS data from the chart but I cannot plot any of my TS symbols. Occasionally the TS data will chart which is strange. Last week when I created the chart it plotted correctly with all the data. When I try to reload the data, I see a message box pop up and disappear quickly - hard to read it but it says something about the symbol being unavailable from IB.

Not sure if this is related but I did reinstall MC last week. I was trying to run an indicator and kept getting a line 0 error (can't remember exactly what it was). Searched for this and found info from MC that said to remove and reinstall MC except to reinstall MC under the root directory. Everything else seems fine except that I can't plot TS data now.

tozwp

Re: No TS data

Update. After the market opened, TS data for today only began plotting. No data plots for previous days even though multiple days are requested under "Format Instrument". I then tried plotting only that symbol using the same resolution and number of days back. As soon as I did, the data for today only plotted and a message popped up for a few seconds stating something like the data for the symbol is unavailable from Interactive Brokers. The symbol data should not be coming from IB so I'm not sure why this message pops up and disappears.

tozwp

Created a new chart and was able to capture the error message before it disappeared. Plotted the symbol $ADRLD from TS. Attached are the two errors that popped up.
Attachments
error.JPG
(24.13 KiB) Downloaded 586 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 20 Feb 2016

Created a new chart and was able to capture the error message before it disappeared. Plotted the symbol $ADRLD from TS. Attached are the two errors that popped up.
Did you perhaps change the symbol descriptions for the IB instruments? Those descriptions that are added automatically by MultiCharts are used to specify the exchange and security, which seems to be giving you troubles.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 20 Feb 2016

Josh, I haven't changed the description. I always add symbols in the Quotemanager using the standard Multichart parameters. The strange thing is that when I create a new chart with only a TS symbol, I get those messages. That makes no sense and it seems like something is corrupted somewhere. I think my next step is to completely uninstall MC and reinstall.

My problems started after updating and reinstalling. After updating I didn't have the issues at first. I then wrote an indicator and when trying to compile it I had this error and followed these instructions: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... lumnEnd_0)

This solved the compilation error but then I started having the data issue. Any ideas?

tozwp

Update: Completely uninstalled MC, deleted all user files except desktops and workspaces in the Documents folder. Reinstalled MC and imported all studies, indicators ect. but no data. In the Quote manager I added a few symbols from TS and IB using Add Symbol from Data Source. I simply searched and added the symbol when found. Now I have a different problem. When I add a symbol from TS the prior two days data does not show up (1 min chart). IB data comes in fine but the chart is missing the two last days of data. Doesn't matter if I create a chart with just TS data or add TS data to the chart containg IB data. Is there something I need to do to get current data on the chart? I've used TS data in the past and never had this issue before.

tozwp

Shut down all programs and rebooted pc. Started MC before TS and IB. Prompted to log in to TS and IB. At that point, all data appeared on the chart. Not sure why it started working but looks like it is solved for now.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 21 Feb 2016

Thought it was working but its acting strangely again. Worked with a few charts this afternoon and all charts had the correct data from TS. After a while, one chart suddenly lost the two prior days data on a one minute chart and another chart had only yesterday's data but nothing prior to that. Charts are 1 min with 10 days data. One chart has NQ from Interactivebrokers with $VXN.X from TS. This chart displays 10 days of NQ and only yesterday's data for $VXN. Another chart has YM from IB and $VXD.X from TS. Both are 1 min going back 10 days. Chart shows YM properly but does not show the past two days of $VXD.X. Strange thing is that for an hour or two today, these charts had all the data and then the TS data quit displaying as described above. I've used TS data for a couple of years and have never seen this. How do I go about trouble shooting this? Thanks

tozwp

Re: No TS data  [SOLVED]

Postby tozwp » 29 Feb 2016

Updated to build 12411 when prompted that a new version was available. After the update all data has been loading and displaying correctly. Seems fixed now.

Return to “MultiCharts”