Trading perfomance report error

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fibdax

Trading perfomance report error

Postby fibdax » 17 Feb 2016

I have a account papertrader and use manual trading .

I had a short position and the PC was rebooted accidentally by a power failure . When the PC has rebooted the position is no longer present and the following message when I try to open the performance report
Warning : Multicharts can not calculate position information ; locally stored position history does not match historical orders .
how do I fix ?
thank you

fibdax

Re: Trading perfomance report error

Postby fibdax » 01 Mar 2016

Hi MC,

I do not get answered and the only way I found to solve the problem was clear the paper trader account and recreate it . This is a serious problem because it destroys all trade created with manual trading in a heartbeat for a trivial thing . it would be enough just to write a txt file the current account position to restore everything when the computer restarts . I hope for a resolution in the next release

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 Mar 2016

Which MultiCharts version you are using?

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 01 Mar 2016

Hi TJ,

MultiCharts64 Version 9.1 Release (Build 12010)

Tks

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 08 Mar 2016

??

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Mar 2016

??
I also don't know how your MultiCharts version affects this.

What you can try is to move the folders that are in the 'C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64\TradingCenter\' folder to another location. That might 'reset' the position history and strategy orders, triggering MultiCharts to regenerate the performance report instead of relying on the corrupted version stored on the pc.

I don't know if this works, but it might be worth a try. If you keep the original folders, you can always revert back if this doesn't work or make matters worse.

If this doesn't work, I hope you get a helpful response soon since you already have this problem for a while now.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Mar 2016

When the PC has rebooted the position is no longer present and the following message when I try to open the performance report
Warning : Multicharts can not calculate position information ; locally stored position history does not match historical orders .
Hello fibdax,

This warning message means that the chart position for the selected data range on the chart mismatches with the orders stored in the Order and Position Tracker (ex. if on the starting bar of the chart you were in a position). In such case a synthetic order will be added to your report to sync the positions.
it would be enough just to write a txt file the current account position to restore everything when the computer restarts . I hope for a resolution in the next release
Position information is already being saved locally. MultiCharts user data (like any digital files) can become corrupted by incorrect application shutdown, application crash or freeze, power outage, PC crash. That is recommended to use a UPS to avoid accidental power failures.

Return to “MultiCharts”