Usability suggestions from a new user  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DaveAronow

Usability suggestions from a new user

Postby DaveAronow » 17 Feb 2016

Some things that I've noticed as a new user I think would make MC better and easier to use:

1. When adding a symbol and the exchange needs to be added, add an option to allow an existing exchange to be cloned. Useful when the exchange already exists but with a different abbreviation (for example one broker uses LIFFE_NF while another uses LIFFE for the same exchange).

2. Add filtering in quotemanager so you can filter the symbols. One way would be to have column headers be filterable (like in Excel or even Windows File Explorer). When building continuous futures it is a problem as sometimes you will have 500 symbols for the same exchange.

3. Allow a session template to be cloned from an existing session template.

4. Fix the tab order of dialogs. Tabbing between controls is sometimes not left to right then down to the following line. On the symbol add dialogs for example the tab order goes from the lookup button to the grid below then to the other search criteria (such as exchange). Unless this is by design?

5. *PLEASE* change/update the signal parameter, session template, and optimization dialogs so keyboard controls can be used. In some cases you can (barely) tab between controls but it's difficult and generally impossible to edit these dialogs without a mouse. In TS I can change all the parameters quickly without taking my hands off the keyboard but in MC it's much slower as I have to shift back/forth between mouse and keyboard. Same for the session template.

DaveAronow

Re: Usability suggestions from a new user

Postby DaveAronow » 18 Feb 2016

Another suggestion -- a way to filter the symbol dictionary. Or export to ascii text (or xml) and then re-import.

DaveAronow

Re: Usability suggestions from a new user

Postby DaveAronow » 02 Mar 2016

If I'm hoping to get any of these implemented, should I submit them as feature requests in the project management section of the site?

TJ

Re: Usability suggestions from a new user  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 02 Mar 2016

If I'm hoping to get any of these implemented, should I submit them as feature requests in the project management section of the site?
Yes

Return to “MultiCharts”