Disabling Win10 antimalware service executable.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Disabling Win10 antimalware service executable.

Postby hughesfleming » 22 Feb 2016

I have been having data problems with Barchart.com. Digging deeper, I noticed that the antimalware service executable was consuming 100% of the CPU when I was downloading data. I have disabled the service in the registry and there is a night and day difference. The difference is huge.

If anyone is also having similar problems the info about how to do this is here:-

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918 ... -10-a.html

TJ

Re: Disabling Win10 antimalware service executable.  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 22 Feb 2016

I have been having data problems with Barchart.com. Digging deeper, I noticed that the antimalware service executable was consuming 100% of the CPU when I was downloading data. I have disabled the service in the registry and there is a night and day difference. The difference is huge.

If anyone is also having similar problems the info about how to do this is here:-

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918 ... -10-a.html
You should not turn off the defender; you are exposing your computer to virus.
You should add Barchart.com to your trusted website list, then the defender will not scan every single bit that comes in.

hughesfleming

Re: Disabling Win10 antimalware service executable.

Just sharing experiences TJ. What worked for me might not be suitable for someone else.

Have a good day.

DaveAronow

Postby DaveAronow » 22 Feb 2016

I've had issues with MSFT's antimalware and TS. I whitelisted the whole TS folder to no effect, it ignores that and still scans spiking CPU. Might want to switch to a paid application such as Norton, Mcafee, etc. so you at least have recourse with technical support if it does something *bad*.

hughesfleming

Yes, third party malware applications will disable the MSFT anti-malware. There are several new approaches to this problem which I will start to look into.

The most interesting one to me is reaqta.com. Hopefully protection like this will trickle down in the near future.

bensat

Postby bensat » 22 Feb 2016

Do not use Windows 10 for any Trading-Application.

I don't know just one Trading-Product not having just one issue related to Windows 10. If this is your 'Trading-only' workstation, just go off Win10 and back to Win7/8.1 or so ... My best experience always comes with the WinServer OS's 2008 and/or 2012. Still in case this is a Trading-only workstation, I would recommend to not use any Antivir or Firewall etc on this workstation. Just set one firewall elsewhere and go through it.

Regards.

Ben

Return to “MultiCharts”