Getting a time gap in charts on startup using IB data  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tommywolf

Getting a time gap in charts on startup using IB data

Postby tommywolf » 23 Feb 2016

Each morning I log into Interactive Brokers and then into MultiCharts. When I open a chart (1 minute chart), new or saved, the chart will be missing the last 3 hours of data (or time) from the point in time which I opened it. The point in time 3 hours ago will appear on my chart like it just happened. From this point on, the chart will plot correctly as if nothing is wrong.

It occurs on existing symbols or newly added symbols, stocks or futures. I can open the same chart on Interactive Brokers and there is no data (or time) missing. There is always exactly 3 hours missing. If I "reload" the data it will bring the chart up to 3 hours ago and then resume charting as if nothing is wrong.

What led up to this is I switched over to Windows 10, had a ton of trouble so reloaded Windows 7. When I reinstalled Interactive Brokers and MultiCharts, I couldn't run MultiCharts and would get this message,
" Interactive Brokers client software is not installed or incompatible. Please install latest version of client software."
I found a fix for that issue in the Forums with the updater, MC_IB_91x64.zip

I then noticed that the clock on my Interactive Brokers page or Trading Platform (downloaded version) was off by 3 hours. Once I corrected this by changing to the correct Time Zone, the Trading Platform showed the correct time, but the login page where you also adjust the time zone, was showing "2016-02-23 11:01 EST" which is showing a time 3 hours behind my correct time, which was 14:01, Eastern Standard Time (Virginia).

I feel this issue is with Interactive Brokers but that is just speculation on my part. This is getting into an area I know nothing about so I thought I would start here with the MultiChart Forum, since I am seeing the issue on my charts. I have tried both versions of IB online, 9522 and 9542 with the same results.

tommywolf

Re: Getting a time gap in charts on startup using IB data  [SOLVED]

Postby tommywolf » 25 Feb 2016

Issue resolved, the clock on my computer was showing the correct time but the wrong time zone. Once I corrected the time zone and then corrected the clock, everything is back to normal.

Return to “MultiCharts”