Concurrent Chart limits by data feed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DaveAronow

Concurrent Chart limits by data feed

Postby DaveAronow » 25 Feb 2016

Is there a list of the maximum supported charts per datafeed? I am now discovering OEC only supports 5 charts (and MC has some disconnect/reconnect issue which is killing my MC almost every day) which is absurd so I'm looking to switch to another data feed but don't want to run into the same issue elsewhere.

arnie

Re: Concurrent Chart limits by data feed

Postby arnie » 26 Feb 2016

Is there a list of the maximum supported charts per datafeed? I am now discovering OEC only supports 5 charts (and MC has some disconnect/reconnect issue which is killing my MC almost every day) which is absurd so I'm looking to switch to another data feed but don't want to run into the same issue elsewhere.
That is not a MC problem.
Contact your broker and tell them to give you more symbols.
To save band width brokers limit how many real time symbols they have per client, especially when the feed is unfiltered.

DaveAronow

Postby DaveAronow » 26 Feb 2016

That is not a MC problem.
Contact your broker and tell them to give you more symbols.
To save band width brokers limit how many real time symbols they have per client, especially when the feed is unfiltered.
I get that -- sorry if my question wasn't clear I was asking what are the default limits by broker.

However OEC increased my symbols from 5 to 15 (I only have 5 charts open) and I'm still running into problems (mostly after a network disconnect -- from what I can tell MC tries to open new connections but somehow the old connections are still open too).

I'm also seeing 3 connections opened per chart (all for the same symbol) and I'm not clear why MC is opening more than one RT feed per chart when there's only a single symbol plotted in the chart.

I'm looking into opening an account at AMP/CQG but wanted to make sure I won't run into the same problem there with limits on concurrent symbols right out of the gate.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Feb 2016

If you are serious about trading, (ie trading as a full time business),
you should get real data feed.

ie. Paid Subscriptions

Brokers are not in the business of full service dataprovider.
Most of the broker-provided free data are for quotes only. They are not meant for hard-core data analysis.

Look into eSignal, IQFeed, etc.,

Return to “MultiCharts”