Scanner Window >> Lines Behavior  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

Scanner Window >> Lines Behavior

Postby bensat » 08 Mar 2016

MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 11210)

Video that explains the issue just a little bit : https://vimeo.com/158165858

As I understand, the standard <SCANNER> window has 51 lines implemented by standard. For every new line you you have to choose/select <INSERT EMPTY ROW> out of the menu entry from right mouse click. There is no keyboard shortcut (like <Fx> or <INSERT>) or anything else. Even just adding a symbol in the last line and hitting <ENTER> does not add a new line so a new symbol can be added easily. No, instead you always have to use the mouse, right click and so on. That is not straight forward and makes adding many contracts/lines very time intensive and complicated. My suggestion is to just add/keep one empty line present.

On the other hand, while using less then 51 lines, it is NOT (!!!) possible to delete any unused line in the <SCANNER> window and the scrollbar always keeps being present. This not just takes place from the available screen.

Regards

Ben
Attachments
scanner_window.png
(47.59 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Scanner Window >> Lines Behavior  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Mar 2016

Hello Ben,

That is possible to assign a Keyboard shortcut in File->Keyboard shortcuts->Category:Scanner->Insert empty row.
New lines will be added automatically if you insert multiple instruments into the scanner window in one go.
As for the minimum amount of lines in the scanner (51) - I will check if this is something that we are going to change in the future.

bensat

Re: Scanner Window >> Lines Behavior

Postby bensat » 08 Mar 2016

Henry,

excellent. The keyboard shortcut is solved now for me, but still would prefer to have a new empty row added automatically after a symbol was added on the last line.

Regarding the min amount of lines I really would like to see you could think about. Thank you.

Regards.

Ben

Return to “MultiCharts”