Allow Outside Trading Hours Bug

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SUPER

Allow Outside Trading Hours Bug

Postby SUPER » 25 Mar 2008

It seems that MC is not able configure orders to trade "outside Trading Hours". TWS is configured to allow stop orders outside trading hours, however orderes fired by MC are not compatible.

I remember this issue on earlier version of OwnTrade with similar but which was later fixed.

Please provide a fix soon as it becomes impossible to trade on 24 hr markets like the e-minis.
Attachments
mc-2.JPG
(133.51 KiB) Downloaded 1080 times
Last edited by SUPER on 26 Mar 2008, edited 1 time in total.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 26 Mar 2008

Problem not fixed with the new release.... :cry:

When can I expect fix for it?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Mar 2008

Hi SUPER,

Thank you for reporting the bug. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Regards.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 18 Apr 2008

Marina,

This bug still exist, was hoping you would have fixed in your final release.
Which makes it impossible to trade on 24 hr markets other than market orders.

Regards
Super
Attachments
mc-5.JPG
(163.96 KiB) Downloaded 1068 times

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 25 Jun 2008

This bug still exists, I have been highlighting this issue for a very long time now.....fustrating that is keeps getting ignored :roll:

fs

Postby fs » 25 Jun 2008

This bug still exists, I have been highlighting this issue for a very long time now.....fustrating that is keeps getting ignored :roll:
Unfortunately, this seems to have become the norm lately with TSSupport. I have a long list of issues reported to MC via e-mail over the last couple of months of which no attempt has been made by them to resolve them. They are not even replying to my requests for status updates anymore. The few times they do reply, they are using stall tactics by asking for a live support session even though they can easily replicate the issue themselves, or they tell me their engineers are currently working on the new version of MCFX and will get back to me later. Once the live session is done, you don't hear back from them again about the issue.

Don't get me wrong. I still think MC is a great product with many useful features, but one of the main things which set TSSupport apart from their competitors was their customer support and responsiveness to customer requests. Unfortunately, l am not sure if this is still the case. I think a big reason for this is that they are good developers, but not traders and don't really understand what is important to traders. This is why they don't think things like fractional scales, plotting empty periods, trading outside RTH, providing period analysis in portfolio back testing, etc is a big deal.

I firmly believe the reason they are so reluctant to provide a public issue list as we kept asking and they kept replying that they are going to do this soon is because they know the moment they make this list public that people will see how little really are done with regards to the reported issues. This is much better for them to have the issues buried in the forum.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Jul 2008

Hi Super,

The fix for this bug is planned for the 4.0 beta, which is the next version that we are planning to release.

Regards.

oddball

Postby oddball » 30 Jul 2008

Hi Marina, I had the same problem with MC 3.1. So I have now installed 4.0 BETA and I get the same error messages over and over. Please advise how we can use the auto trade feature in European Markets or else fix this bug once and for all. Thank you.

oddball

Postby oddball » 30 Jul 2008

Also, in 4.0 using the auto trade feature now seems to disable the signals on the chart but yet they are still listed as status "on" in format objects. To get the signals back on the chart, I need to turn status "off" and then "on" again. This seems strange.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 30 Jul 2008

Marina,

It seems outside trading hour bug has been fixed, I get following message while orders are placed and I can confirm that orders are executed now.

Order Event Order Attribute 'outside regular trading hour' is ignored based on the order type and destination, place order is now being processed.

Thanks & Regards

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 30 Jul 2008

Hi Marina, I had the same problem with MC 3.1. So I have now installed 4.0 BETA and I get the same error messages over and over. Please advise how we can use the auto trade feature in European Markets or else fix this bug once and for all. Thank you.
What type of orders you are using, I tried running a test systems on DAX futures this morning and it seems to work with stop orders.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Jul 2008

Hi oddball,

I am not sure if it was you contacting us via LiveChat today. If it wasn't you, please contact us via LiveChat and we'll check what's causing the problem.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Also, in 4.0 using the auto trade feature now seems to disable the signals on the chart but yet they are still listed as status "on" in format objects. To get the signals back on the chart, I need to turn status "off" and then "on" again. This seems strange.
Hi oddball,

If you are talking about signals disappearing from the charts when you turn on the synchronous autotrading mode, then it's the normal behavior: in this mode only the signals that were really filled by the broker are plotted on the charts. Consequently, nothing can be plotted before the point when the auto trading was turned on.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Marina,

It seems outside trading hour bug has been fixed, I get following message while orders are placed and I can confirm that orders are executed now.

Order Event Order Attribute 'outside regular trading hour' is ignored based on the order type and destination, place order is now being processed.

Thanks & Regards
Thanks for the feedback SUPER. Please let us know if you notice any problems.

Regards.

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 30 Jul 2008

In my opinion the new v4 beta feature of not displaying signals in sync mode is too confusing. I can't be sure whether IB has failed to fill an order if I'm not sure my Signal has placed one.

The ideal solution would be for signals to be denoted on chart differently depending on broker fill status. Perhaps an empty arrow for unfilled signals, and a filled arrow for filled orders. That way you can clearly see both the Signal status, and real-world order status.

Please reply if you think if this is a good idea.
Last edited by brendanh on 31 Jul 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Jul 2008

Hi Brendan,

This is definitely a good idea. We'll implement different types of arrows for filled/unfilled orders. We might also make the unfilled arrows optional: they will be displayed only if you enable the option to show unfilled orders.

Thanks for the idea!

oddball

Postby oddball » 02 Aug 2008

Hi Marina, After our live chat session the other day, I spent some time playing around with different settings and even reinstalling MC 4.0, but unfortunately I still cannot get IB to transmit an automated order from MC.
This may be related to the fact that I use the IB TWS for execution on a give-up basis to an alternative clearing firm. Even though I can place orders manually in any contract, I get the error message that I don't have trading permission for XYZ contract, when the order comes from a signal in MC.
I had this problem when I was using NT for automated execution, and they were able to recognize a feature of the IB API that dealt differently with automated orders originating from non clearing, Institutional accounts (give-up) os opposed to Retail accounts which have full accounting of open positions, Margin etc., a feature which I don't have on my TWS since IB doesn't clear my trades.
NT was able to release a minor fix for this quite quickly which solved my problem and I was able to send automated orders in via my TWS.
So assuming it is something relatively minor therefore, perhaps your engineers could take a look at this on behalf of any other traders in the same situation. Has anyone else experienced the same error message about trading permissions when utilizing the MC Auto trade feature? If so please send any comments that could help solve this.
Much appreciated.
But then we also couldn't get it to work with my simulated trading account, which is tied to an IB Financial Adviser account so if you have any more ideas about that, please let me know. But I would prefer to get it working with the give-up account if there is a fix for this. Thanks.

Here is the error message from the log.

"Interactive Brokers
Symbol: GCZ8
Order: Buy Limit 1
[0x0000ACC8](31.07.2008 - 22:06:09.312) Global Message: "Interactive Brokers
Order rejected - reason:No trading permissions for the product" (Error)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Aug 2008

Hi oddball,

Please do contact us via LiveChat again. Our engineers would need to work with your account some more to fix the issue. Please note that we work 6:30 am - 4:00 pm EDT, Monday through Friday.

Regards.

capgain

Postby capgain » 26 Mar 2009

Marina,

Thanks & Regards
How does one set the order that it can execute in after hours (Fill outside RTH) using auto trading & IB. Thanks

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 27 Mar 2009

Marina,

Thanks & Regards
How does one set the order that it can execute in after hours (Fill outside RTH) using auto trading & IB. Thanks
There are no setting, so you do not have to do anything specific-just automate your system.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 27 Mar 2009

That's right. It is hard coded for all orders.

TJ

Postby TJ » 27 Mar 2009

just make sure IB accepts order outside of RTH.
setting is in TWS.

Return to “MultiCharts”