EL Programming

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
segut

EL Programming

Postby segut » 15 Mar 2016

Does this version offer full EL compatibility? I'm thinking of trying again to build some autotrading systems but EL is all I know.

JoshM

Re: EL Programming

Postby JoshM » 17 Mar 2016

Does this version offer full EL compatibility? I'm thinking of trying again to build some autotrading systems but EL is all I know.
PowerLanguage offers compatibility for a large part of EasyLanguage.

Some EasyLanguage keywords that are also available in PowerLanguage (like those related to options) don't do anything in MultiCharts though. TS's OOEL is also not available.

Perhaps people with more knowledge of TS can comment, but from what I know around 90-95% will be compatible.

DaveAronow

Re: EL Programming

Postby DaveAronow » 17 Mar 2016

So far every script I've moved over from TS has worked completely fine. Note there are differences between MC and TS however, as I found out when I turned on autotrading and found that MC handles a buy order (when you're currently short) by buying 2 contracts (to close the short position and open the long position) which is different than how TS handles it (with TS you need to buy to cover and then another buy). There is not a list of differences that I've found however so far this is the only one that's really bit me.

Return to “MultiCharts”