Gaps in chart w/Beta II Hotfix

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mojotrader

Gaps in chart w/Beta II Hotfix

Postby mojotrader » 25 Mar 2008

See attached chart for illustration. After upgrading from Beta I to Beta II w/hotfix all my charts have gaps. My setup include one workspace with multiple charts (different time frames) for each market (ES,NQ,EUR) that I trade. These gaps appear at the same time within a market but differnt times across markets, but they do not appear on my day/week/month charts, only tick, contract, and range.

I removed MC before upgrading but did not remove my database.
Attachments
chart2.jpg
Range Chart
(30.47 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
chart.jpg
Contract Chart
(35.93 KiB) Downloaded 766 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Mar 2008

Hi mojotrader,

Who is your data provider? Did these gaps appear in the data that you had previously collected or in the new data received from the provider after the update? Were the gaps still there after a reload (ctrl+R)? Did you compare your tick, volume, contract bars to the bars with the same kinds of resolution in the provider's original charting platform?

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 26 Mar 2008

Hi mojotrader,

Who is your data provider?
DTN/IQFeed
Did these gaps appear in the data that you had previously collected or in the new data received from the provider after the update?
No, they only appeared after installing Beta II w/hotfix. Beta I did not exhibit this gap problem.
Were the gaps still there after a reload (ctrl+R)?
The gaps go away after reloading the chart.
Did you compare your tick, volume, contract bars to the bars with the same kinds of resolution in the provider's original charting platform?
I'll have to do some more research this evening.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Mar 2008

Hi mojotrader,

Whenever you see gaps on chart, try reloading the data for the period with the gap (ctrl+R). If that doesn't work, compare the charts in MC with the charts in the same resolution in the provider's platform. If the gaps are only present in MC, contact our support service.

itai007

same problem with Beta2

Postby itai007 » 26 Mar 2008

IQfeed same problrm

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 26 Mar 2008

Hi mojotrader,

Whenever you see gaps on chart, try reloading the data for the period with the gap (ctrl+R). If that doesn't work, compare the charts in MC with the charts in the same resolution in the provider's platform. If the gaps are only present in MC, contact our support service.
See attached charts. Last chart is after MC startup. First chart is after Reload (ctrl+R). The chart is a 131,072 contract ES chart.
Attachments
AfterMCStartup.jpg
After MC startup before reload.
(32.92 KiB) Downloaded 756 times
AfterReload.jpg
After chart reload (ctrl+R)
(33.2 KiB) Downloaded 771 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Mar 2008

Hi mojotrader,

What are the times of the gaps?

Also, could you please send the logs from Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs to support@tssupport.com ?

Thank you

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 31 Mar 2008

I just noticed I'm getting the same thing, see attached.

Gap has appeared from 24:00 Tuesday 25 to 03:47 Friday 28th even though this data was all there last Friday it has now gone!
Attachments
sk2.png
(20.88 KiB) Downloaded 752 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Mar 2008

Hi mojotrader and Geoff,

Could you please contact us via LiveChat at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html ?

We need to have a look at your computers to find out what has been causing the gaps.

The customer support hours are 6:30 am - 4:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Thank you!

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 31 Mar 2008

Hi mojotrader and Geoff,

Could you please contact us via LiveChat at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html ?

We need to have a look at your computers to find out what has been causing the gaps.

The customer support hours are 6:30 am - 4:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Thank you!
Marina,

I sent my log files to tssupport last week. I will contact you tomorrow morning to examine my computer.

~mojo

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Mar 2008

Thank you mojo,

Talk to you tomorrow.

Return to “MultiCharts”