Different Behavior >> Changing Chart-/Bar-Type  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

Different Behavior >> Changing Chart-/Bar-Type

Postby bensat » 01 Apr 2016

While testing <CUMULATIVE DELTA> charts in Multicharts I experienced different behavior by changing the bar type from bar to candle or hollow candle and vice versa. By opening a time/range/vol/tick based chart you can change the bar type easily from the <CHART ANALYSIS> toolbar. By opening a delta(Ask-bid)-based chart you can't. You are able to change the bar type by going the <FORMAT INSTRUMENT> way only and why there is no even no hollow candle option. Further, by trying to change the bar-type in the delta-based chart, the chart-type chnaged to the time based chart. Is this a wanted behavior ?

As my English is not that sophisticated I made a short vid, so you know better what I am talking about. The vid can be found here : https://vimeo.com/161153079

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Regards.

Ben

arnie

Re: Different Behavior >> Changing Chart-/Bar-Type  [SOLVED]

Postby arnie » 01 Apr 2016

While testing <CUMULATIVE DELTA> charts in Multicharts I experienced different behavior by changing the bar type from bar to candle or hollow candle and vice versa. By opening a time/range/vol/tick based chart you can change the bar type easily from the <CHART ANALYSIS> toolbar. By opening a delta(Ask-bid)-based chart you can't. You are able to change the bar type by going the <FORMAT INSTRUMENT> way only and why there is no even no hollow candle option. Further, by trying to change the bar-type in the delta-based chart, the chart-type chnaged to the time based chart. Is this a wanted behavior ?

As my English is not that sophisticated I made a short vid, so you know better what I am talking about. The vid can be found here : https://vimeo.com/161153079

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Regards.

Ben

One thing is the chart type, another thing is the bar style.
The toolbar gives you the chart type. Regarding line, bar and candlesticks charts, they all refer to the regular charts. Then you have the "special" type of charts, Renko, Volume Delta, Kagi... Some of these give you the option to change the bar style and for that you need to go to Format Instrument and choose the style you want, like you did on your video.

Return to “MultiCharts”