New Beta 2 does not fix LastbaronChart as Promised.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

New Beta 2 does not fix LastbaronChart as Promised.

Postby drwar » 26 Mar 2008

I was very disappointed to load Beta 2 and find that automated strategies can still not be run accurrately because lasbaronchart had not been fixed as promised especially after all the assurances the fix would be in this Beta 2 build.

drwar

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Mar 2008

drwar,

There is no need to misinform people.

All you said is true if you use auto-trading with the "update on every tick" mode uncecked. However, I don’t think anybody else does so.

We will see why it still doesn’t work and try to fix it before the official release.

drwar

Postby drwar » 26 Mar 2008

[quote]drwar,

There is no need to misinform people.

All you said is true if you use auto-trading with the "update on every tick" mode uncecked. However, I don’t think anybody else does so.

We will see why it still doesn’t work and try to fix it before the official release.[/quote]

Thats not true. It does not work correctly with update on tick checked either. When I say correctly I mean by TS definition. Because you do not publish one. Their definition is that it will be true for the last completed bar on the chart. This is not true for MC whether Update every tick is checked or unchecked. So don't claim I am misinforming people. I would never do that knowingly or recklessly, I spent all morning testing before coming to this conclusion.

J~

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 28 Mar 2008

Perhaps videos (with narration) could be prepared to demonstrate how MC's LastBarOnChart

a) does not work properly, or

b) does work properly, or

c) differs from TS

Also if there is more detailed discussion in another topic, a link here to it would be helpful.

drwar

Postby drwar » 28 Mar 2008

Sure, If you have that kind of time, Go for it.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 28 Mar 2008

I spent all morning testing before coming to this conclusion.
If 5 minutes of that had been spent with a video screen capture program, your case could have been unambiguous. My suggestion is merely meant to help bypass "He said, she said". The best possible report may get the fastest possible verification and correction. If no merit is seen in this suggestion, by all means ignore it.

drwar

Postby drwar » 28 Mar 2008

Do your own testing and decide for yourself.

J~

MechTrader

It is true that LastBarOnChart does not work as defined

Postby MechTrader » 13 Apr 2008

The LastCalcJDate and LastCalcTime and thus the LastBarOnChart function does not work as it is defined in the help file. LastBarOnChart should return true for the last COMPLETED bar on the chart, but instead it will only return true for the very last bar on the chart, which is usually an OPEN one, not a completed one. This does indeed lead to strategies not finishing correctly in many cases. I hope this is fixed in the beta released April 10, or at leat by the final version.

By the way, it may be helpful for some people to have a separate function that can determine last open bar on the chart, but that should be determinable from correctly functioning LastCalcJDate and LastCalcTime functions by saying date >= LastCalcJDate and time >= LastCalcTime and barstatus = unfinished.

Of course, if we had a function that could tell us the closing time and date of the next bar to form, that would be even more useful.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 13 Apr 2008

hmm...

I used lastBarOnChart to indicate the last bar on the chart
( regardless if its open or close, as long as its the last )

I am happy with the current implementation, So i wouldn't want it to change.

Maybe we can put this to some kind of poll.

Return to “MultiCharts”