Workspace session template is different on another PC  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maisatomai

Workspace session template is different on another PC

Postby maisatomai » 05 Apr 2016

Hi, I am using the session template (Format instrument->Format->Settings->Session) in the workspace. Say I have a session template called US hours 1530-2215. When I transferred this workspace to another PC without the session template and open the workspace with the other PC, the session template will be set to default for the symbol. Is there anyway to mass export session template? Or maybe the session template should be exported with the workspace

arnie

Re: Workspace session template is different on another PC  [SOLVED]

Postby arnie » 05 Apr 2016

Hi, I am using the session template (Format instrument->Format->Settings->Session) in the workspace. Say I have a session template called US hours 1530-2215. When I transferred this workspace to another PC without the session template and open the workspace with the other PC, the session template will be set to default for the symbol. Is there anyway to mass export session template? Or maybe the session template should be exported with the workspace
There's two ways for you to set your session template on the other PC. One is going to QM and set it manually. The other way is on the PC where you have that session template already set, go to QM, create a new symbol, choose Free Quotes for source and give it the name and root symbol you want, does not matter. Then, edit it and on the Sessions tab you'll set the time you want for your session or choose a template if you created one.
Then you'll export that symbol you created and imported it on the other PC. This way you'll have your session template availabe.
If it's only one template it's easier just to set it manually but if you have a dozen or so then is a lot easier this way.

You can also export it if you make that session as the default one on any symbol in QM, export that symbol, and the session template will be exported with it.

Return to “MultiCharts”