FEATURE POLL. Charting, scanning, backtesting, & ATE (4)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Expert Commentary
5%
Use WSP tabs to rename or drag a WSP
2%
Tracking Center
8%
Data Playback
19%
TWS market position & account size
14%
Scanner. Supports multiple timeframes
52%

Total votes: 107

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 26 Mar 2008

Last edited by Andrew Kirillov on 19 Jun 2008, edited 2 times in total.

proflogic

Re: FEATURE POLL. Charting, scanning, backtesting, & ATE

Postby proflogic » 27 Mar 2008

How about an English detailed explanation on what each of these are?

drwar

Postby drwar » 27 Mar 2008

I second that, I already made one wrong vote already because I misinterpreted the item.

J~

t123knight

Postby t123knight » 28 Mar 2008

I've been waiting for a scanner forever!! Are you guys considering not implementing this at all? Isn't the "Gold" edition supposed to have this?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Mar 2008

How about an English detailed explanation on what each of these are?
Which of the items would you like explained?

drsyde

Postby drsyde » 28 Mar 2008

:roll:
Please include my vote for features like scanning to be included in MC.

drsyde

bowlesj3

playback

Postby bowlesj3 » 28 Mar 2008

I would vote for the playback as long as changing its speed does not distort the bars (they need to look exactly like they did that day). It this can't be done easily then if a same speed playback is all that can be done that is better than nothing. However if we can jump to a specific time that would be helpful (back or forward for the day or whatever).

cosmic

Postby cosmic » 30 Mar 2008

first a radarscreen like scanner that would simplify following multiple symbols. especially for forex traders a valuable time saver.

then the expert commentary feature from TS, important to use a lot of add on studies from TS.

good sunday,

cosmic

dupl

Postby dupl » 31 Mar 2008

Copy Chartwindow to an other Workspace.
You can only copy & paste it in the same Workspace...

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Apr 2008

[quote]Would be very nice to add a strategy ratio that evaluate the stability of a equity curve (ie growth regularly). This kind of ratio has been indicated by Lars Kestner in the book "Quantitative Trading Strategies". Could be very useful to add this metric also in the "Strategy optimization report". I have attached the formula for K-Ratio computation.[/quote'

Posted by: danilo

t123knight

Postby t123knight » 09 Apr 2008

So, does this mean we are getting a scanner? If so, when is the roll out date?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 May 2008

Copy Chartwindow to an other Workspace.
You can only copy & paste it in the same Workspace...
It's already available. You can copy a window in one workspace and then paste it into a different workspace.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 May 2008

So, does this mean we are getting a scanner? If so, when is the roll out date?
A scanner should be available within the next few months. I'm afraid we don't have a better estimate yet.

edisontoo

Charting Feature Request

Postby edisontoo » 09 May 2008

I really like Multicharts charting capabilities, which is one of the major reason I purchased it. But it still leaves me wanting in the department of time scale labeling and I really hope the development team will look into my request in this post as I think it is critical for chart users.

I'm a Forex trader, so I'll use OANDA.com's platform to demonstrate what I think is a better way of showing the time scale.

If you compare the hour_ly chart from MC (TSHour_ly.jpg) in the file below to that of Oanda's (OAHour_ly.jpg), you will see that Oanda's gives a very clear delineation of the daily demarcation. Whereas MC's time series labeling mixes days and hour indication and makes it very difficult to have a good market sense at a quick glance. The distance between each grid is also not uniform which is very disorienting. In fact with Oanda's (see OAHour_ly2.jpg), higher compresion of the bar still gives a very good demarcation of the weekly market.

This is even more obvious with the 5 minutes charts. Compare between MC (TS5Min.jpg) with Oanda (OA5min.jpg) and you can clearly see the hour_ly grid in Oanda's. Whereas in MC, the grid is arbitrary depending on your compression of bars in 1 chart, the grid can be 15min to 35min. Overall, I feel it is very disorientating. As market places great importance on opens and closes and especially in Forex where markets open and close continuoussly over the 5 x 24hr of each week, I think this is a very important area to work on.

One additional request is shown int OA5min.jpg. MC has a "last price marker" option in "Style" tab of "Format Symbol". Can we have an additional option for the last price marker to have a horizontal line as shown in OA5min.jpg. It makes it very easy to see the relationship between the current price and past peak or valley or Fib values.

I hope my explanation of my feature request is clear enough. I really think MC's strength compared to the many trading software out there is its charting. And this X time scale issue is its greatest weakness (in terms of charting).

I sincerely hope that this FR will be implemented as one of high priority.

Thanks and sorry for the long post,
Edison
Attachments
TSHourly.jpg
MC, hourly chart
(142.29 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times
OAHourly.jpg
Oanda Hourly chart
(107.88 KiB) Downloaded 1252 times
OAHourly2.jpg
Oanda Hourly chart at higher compression, still shows weekly well.
(109.44 KiB) Downloaded 1265 times
TS5Min.jpg
MC 5 minute charts, time between grid line is 45minutes.
(144.39 KiB) Downloaded 1264 times
OA5Min.jpg
Oanda 5 minute charts, grid is at major hours, easy to tell when Europe or NY market starts and market conditions before and after opening. Note horizontal line denoting current price.
(111.62 KiB) Downloaded 1264 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 May 2008

MC scale has bothered me since day one.

I wish they would just make their "Manual" scale truly manually configurable.
edit: see attached for example

when the market is volatile, the price scales auto adjusts without announcement... that just throw my visual perception off.

secondly... the minor scales are sometimes non-existent. Leaving a wide distance between major scales.
Attachments
scaling.jpg
(43.8 KiB) Downloaded 1266 times

maxme

load symbol

Postby maxme » 15 May 2008

Please add if possible the 2 buttons with the feature " load previous next symbol " as in TS 2000.
It's very usefol to scroll and view much symbols in few time !
Please add it ....:)
ciao
Massimo

Marina Pashkova

Re: Charting Feature Request

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 May 2008

I really like Multicharts charting capabilities, which is one of the major reason I purchased it. But it still leaves me wanting in the department of time scale labeling and I really hope the development team will look into my request in this post as I think it is critical for chart users.

I'm a Forex trader, so I'll use OANDA.com's platform to demonstrate what I think is a better way of showing the time scale.

If you compare the hour_ly chart from MC (TSHour_ly.jpg) in the file below to that of Oanda's (OAHour_ly.jpg), you will see that Oanda's gives a very clear delineation of the daily demarcation. Whereas MC's time series labeling mixes days and hour indication and makes it very difficult to have a good market sense at a quick glance. The distance between each grid is also not uniform which is very disorienting. In fact with Oanda's (see OAHour_ly2.jpg), higher compresion of the bar still gives a very good demarcation of the weekly market.

This is even more obvious with the 5 minutes charts. Compare between MC (TS5Min.jpg) with Oanda (OA5min.jpg) and you can clearly see the hour_ly grid in Oanda's. Whereas in MC, the grid is arbitrary depending on your compression of bars in 1 chart, the grid can be 15min to 35min. Overall, I feel it is very disorientating. As market places great importance on opens and closes and especially in Forex where markets open and close continuoussly over the 5 x 24hr of each week, I think this is a very important area to work on.

One additional request is shown int OA5min.jpg. MC has a "last price marker" option in "Style" tab of "Format Symbol". Can we have an additional option for the last price marker to have a horizontal line as shown in OA5min.jpg. It makes it very easy to see the relationship between the current price and past peak or valley or Fib values.

I hope my explanation of my feature request is clear enough. I really think MC's strength compared to the many trading software out there is its charting. And this X time scale issue is its greatest weakness (in terms of charting).

I sincerely hope that this FR will be implemented as one of high priority.

Thanks and sorry for the long post,
Edison
Hi Edison.

Thank you for your suggestion. We have received several similar requests already. They will be used to create a better background grid than what we have now.

However, since we have a lot of high priority features planned for the nearest future, I would say the new grid won't be implemented for a while.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Re: load symbol

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 May 2008

Please add if possible the 2 buttons with the feature " load previous next symbol " as in TS 2000.
It's very usefol to scroll and view much symbols in few time !
Please add it ....:)
ciao
Massimo
Hi Massimo,

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll consider it for the implementation in future MC versions.

reitberg

Postby reitberg » 26 Jun 2008

We really need the "expert commentary." I'm assuming that this is the same as "Analysis Commentary" in TS. This would be very helpful for real time trading.

Also, I think that the Fibonacci cycles tools should be able to be adjustable. Lets say that you want to look at Lucas number cycles instead of Fib cycles? Also, what if you want to identify 13 or 34 bar cycles? It would be nice if these cycles tools were fully customizable.

Perhaps if a second set of adjustable cycles tools were added that had adjustable options just like the Fibonacci retracements tool where you could hard input the cycle number.

Thanks

wullenweber helmut

Postby wullenweber helmut » 24 Feb 2009

The possibility of changing the background color of a chart , called setBarBgColor in esignal efs and the plottype flatlines would be very usefull.

kh_model

MTPredictor needs "Commentary" to Draw on Chart

Postby kh_model » 07 Jun 2009

In case others are not aware, "Analysis Commentary" in TS is a feature that is required by MTPredictor RT to draw risk-reward, stop levels, and multiple support and resistance levels on charts. The "Analysis Commentary" feature is an integral part of MTPredictor's "automatic trade setups". In my opinion MTPredictor is one of the best tools available today, and I'd like to see it working in MultiCharts. Radarscreen works nicely with MTPredictor, and I'd like to see that same capability in the MultiCharts scanner as well. FYI, I have already programmed my own interactive fib tools in TS by taking advantage of the point-click capabilities that are part of "Analysis Commentary".

Return to “MultiCharts”