OHLC Yesterday Indicator

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ukcurrencier

OHLC Yesterday Indicator

Postby ukcurrencier » 10 May 2016

Hello All,

I like to use the pivots in this indicator because they are nice and clean allow me to establish market flow for the current day (based on the previous day). However, I have always used it on other platforms with the close and open based on the rollover time of 5pm EST New York (10pm UK). It seems the the MC Open and Close times are based on simple times of the day (ie Midnight is the close).

From a quick review of previous posts it seems the OHLC Yesterday indicator in Multichart is fixed to this even if you change the session times - is this correct ?

If so would it be possible to change the OHLC indicator somehow ?

Also I have just noted that it seems to calculate values strangely example yesterdays high in GBP/JPY on a 15 min charts = 156.80 but when the indicator is on a 5min chart (which I have side by side) the value = 156.43 ??

Thank you
E

TJ

Re: OHLC Yesterday Indicator

Postby TJ » 10 May 2016

Hello All,

I like to use the pivots in this indicator because they are nice and clean allow me to establish market flow for the current day (based on the previous day). However, I have always used it on other platforms with the close and open based on the rollover time of 5pm EST New York (10pm UK). It seems the the MC Open and Close times are based on simple times of the day (ie Midnight is the close).

From a quick review of previous posts it seems the OHLC Yesterday indicator in Multichart is fixed to this even if you change the session times - is this correct ?

If so would it be possible to change the OHLC indicator somehow ?

Also I have just noted that it seems to calculate values strangely example yesterdays high in GBP/JPY on a 15 min charts = 156.80 but when the indicator is on a 5min chart (which I have side by side) the value = 156.43 ??

Thank you
E
This indicator works from the dates on the chart, not session time.
When the date on a bar is larger than the date of the previous bar, the OHLC is reset.

If you are using a 24 hr chart,
the reset is made at midnight.

If you are using a 9:30 am to 4 pm chart,
the reset is made at 9:30 am.

ukcurrencier

Postby ukcurrencier » 11 May 2016

Thank you for the reply TJ - I presume it is possible then to modify / create a new OHLC indicator to use session times then ?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 28 May 2016

I presume it is possible then to modify / create a new OHLC indicator to use session times then ?
Yes, that's possible. The start and end time of sessions can be retrieved in PowerLanguage with the Sessions keywords.

Return to “MultiCharts”