MULTICHARTS 10.0 BETA 1

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 10.0 BETA 1

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 May 2016

MultiCharts 10.0 is available for download now (builds 12708/12709)!
Completely new design with 4K resolution support and cool new features that will make the workflow easier and more pleasant.

Among the other new features in this version are: Emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders, Pause/Resume Optimization, Bulk ASCII Export, 1/10000000 Price Scale, Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio Performance Report metrics, Compare source code in Script Editor, "Int64" data type support.

Click here for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 1 download page <<<

arnie

Re: MULTICHARTS 10.0 BETA 1

Postby arnie » 10 May 2016

I haven't installed it yet but for what I read, there's no new price scale for fraction prices, namely the US treasuries. Haven't you said that you were presenting a new price scale in version 10?

arnie

Just installed it on my Surface Pro.
Damn! How beautiful it is to look at the footprint charts now ;)

By the way, will Jigsaw tools take advantage of the new MC resolution also?
If Jigsaw gets plotted with the same sharpness footprint charts are, I think I'll ditch my desktop screens and trade from my Surface :)

I'm just really unhappy to see that annoying fraction price scale still there :(

Why some settings that need to be scrolled down, some I'm able to use the touch screen to scroll it and others I need to use the scroll bar itself to scroll it?
I understand MC was not design to work with a touch screen but it's strange the difference in behavior.

arnie

During installation it was installed a new file, custom_folders_v2.
Please tell me that there's a way to assume the prior version of the file?
I'm not in the mood to creating new folders and spend a couple of hours dragging and droping the indicators to the new folders.
Years already have passed since copy/paste options were requested so the move of the indicators between folders could be facilitated

**UPDATE**
Just solved the issue by rename the prior custom_folders file to custom_folders_v2.
All custom folders are now available again.
Last edited by arnie on 11 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

tony

Postby tony » 10 May 2016

I like the fraction price scale for Treasuries.

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 May 2016

I like the fraction price scale for Treasuries.
MC is the only platform in the market that is showing the /32 fraction part of the price which is completely useless to see.
Everyone out there, brokers included, use something like 127 255, or 127'255, or 127.255 but MC is quoting 127 255/32. How odd it is to look at the broker page and see one type of quote and look at MC and seeing the same instrument with another type of quote?

It also messes the DOM price display, makes the chart price scale too big, with unnecessary characters, a simple calculation gets messed up, for instance, know the range of the day, you might get 18/32. Really?

Why complicate something that should be so simple?

I love the new 4K resolution charts but personally, I would prefer they fix the price scale first.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 May 2016

I haven't installed it yet but for what I read, there's no new price scale for fraction prices, namely the US treasuries. Haven't you said that you were presenting a new price scale in version 10?
Hello arnie,

This feature has been postponed. The new ETA is to be determined and announced later.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 11 May 2016

I'm just really unhappy to see that annoying fraction price scale still there :(
TS price scale for ZB (US) shows the bottom of the fraction - 165 24/32.

I prefer MultiCharts interest instruments treatment of fractions, particularly for ZF (FV) and to see the bottom number of the fraction and being able to scale in whatever fraction one prefers:

For ZN (TY) I do not mind 130'26.5 (over 32); however, once it gets to ZF (TY), I prefer not to deal with 121'09.25 (over 32) [shown in TS as 121'9.2] and instead just scale ZF as 121'37 (over 128). Mathematically it is all the same, just easier for me to read as a fraction of 128.
To each their own.

Henry MultiСharts

Why some settings that need to be scrolled down, some I'm able to use the touch screen to scroll it and others I need to use the scroll bar itself to scroll it?
I understand MC was not design to work with a touch screen but it's strange the difference in behavior.
arnie, which exact settings are you referring to?

escamillo

Henry, I believe some months ago there was mention of in QuoteManager the possibility of a different perhaps easier way to manage and download instruments from brokers. Is this something on the horizon?

Henry MultiСharts

Henry, I believe some months ago there was mention of in QuoteManager the possibility of a different perhaps easier way to manage and download instruments from brokers. Is this something on the horizon?
Hello escamillo,

This feature has been postponed. The new ETA is to be determined and announced later.

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 May 2016

Made a small video http://www.screencast.com/t/hek04jpqmK5P
Session templates and volume profile can't scroll directly from the window, need to use scroll bar.
Symbols, Status Line and Studies can scroll without any problems.

Obviously not a big thing because it's easier to use the mouse or the pen due to the size of the menus but sometimes if for any reason you're mobile and don't have the pen with you, it's a pain not being able to change session templates.
Just strange the different behavior.

escamillo

Thanks Henry.

Question: what is mean by "Emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders"?

Henry MultiСharts

Made a small video http://www.screencast.com/t/hek04jpqmK5P
Session templates and volume profile can't scroll directly from the window, need to use scroll bar.
Symbols, Status Line and Studies can scroll without any problems.

Obviously not a big thing because it's easier to use the mouse or the pen due to the size of the menus but sometimes if for any reason you're mobile and don't have the pen with you, it's a pain not being able to change session templates.
Just strange the different behavior.
Thank you. We'll check that.

Henry MultiСharts

Thanks Henry.

Question: what is mean by "Emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders"?
One can now switch between native and emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders for both auto trading and manual trading.

This feature requires realtime data subscription on your broker account.

When a stop order is emulated - once the stop price level is reached by the corresponding ask or bid series, a market order is sent to the broker.

When a stop-limit order is emulated - once the stop price level is reached by the corresponding ask or bid series, a limit order is sent to the broker.

In case Stop and/or Stop-Limit order emulation is enabled - the emulated OCO group is used, disregard the broker profile/autotrading plugin settings.

To enable the Stop and/or Stop-Limit order emulation for the auto trading go to Format-> Strategy Properties-> Auto trading tab-> Automate order execution settings.

To enable the Stop and/or Stop-Limit order emulation for the manual trading go to File-> Preferences-> Trading tab->Manual Trading options. In order to apply the changes one needs to disconnect the broker profile and reconnect it.

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 11 May 2016

My feature request shows as implemented in MC 10 beta:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1817

Can you confirm this is for all data-sources, or is it just for IB, like the changelog says ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 May 2016

My feature request shows as implemented in MC 10 beta:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1817

Can you confirm this is for all data-sources, or is it just for IB, like the changelog says ?
Hello AlphaCat,

In MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 1 we have added MidPoint for IB data feed.
For LMAX there is an option "Build trade ticks from ask ticks and bid ticks" - you can check how it works here.
For OANDA Trade QuoteField = (Ask+Bid)/2 both for historical and realtime data.

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 12 May 2016

"Build trade ticks from ask ticks and bid ticks" is not mid-point.

MC handling FX data differently from datasource to datasource is in my opinion a design flaw. Is there any reason in particular you use mid-point for some services, and bid for others?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 May 2016

Are there screenshots of the new design? I'm curious to see how it looks and how much it might affect my workflow when I update.

Also,
MultiCharts inherits Windows 10 style so all the objects and icons have been re-designed and improved. The new icons of our platform have a flat look which is reminiscent of the design approach taken by recent version of Windows OS.
Does 'inheriting' Windows 10 style mean that on Windows 10 MultiCharts looks different than on Windows 7 (for example)? Or does 'inheriting' means 'copied' here?

Henry MultiСharts

"Build trade ticks from ask ticks and bid ticks" is not mid-point.

MC handling FX data differently from datasource to datasource is in my opinion a design flaw. Is there any reason in particular you use mid-point for some services, and bid for others?
Each data provider supplies different set of information via API. The majority of the vendors supported in MultiCharts (including LMAX) does not supply MidPoint data via API.

Henry MultiСharts

Are there screenshots of the new design? I'm curious to see how it looks and how much it might affect my workflow when I update.

Also,
MultiCharts inherits Windows 10 style so all the objects and icons have been re-designed and improved. The new icons of our platform have a flat look which is reminiscent of the design approach taken by recent version of Windows OS.
Does 'inheriting' Windows 10 style mean that on Windows 10 MultiCharts looks different than on Windows 7 (for example)? Or does 'inheriting' means 'copied' here?
Hello JoshM,

The interface and controls in MultiCharts have not changed. The same set of icons is in use on any OS. The re-designed icons are high resolution and scalable now, as well as all of the other application controls. Which means one can now set a custom DPI value (screen scaling >100%) in the OS settings to make the controls larger without loosing in the display quality. Here is the screenshot:

Attachments
10b1.png
(125.59 KiB) Downloaded 11057 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 May 2016

The interface and controls in MultiCharts have not changed. The same set of icons is in use on any OS. The re-designed icons are high resolution and scalable now, as well as all of the other application controls. Which means one can now set a custom DPI value (screen scaling >100%) in the OS settings to make the controls larger without loosing in the display quality. Here is the screenshot:
Thanks Henry, this looks quite nice and good to know the interface hasn't changed much. For some reason I thought that 'Windows 10' would mean a blueish tint, like the tiles menu in Windows 10.

Kudos for the MultiCharts team for this new release (not just for the interface, of course).

4trading

Postby 4trading » 12 May 2016

Can I install 10.0 Beta on the same PC as 9.1, like TS 9.1 and 9.5 on the same PC?

Also, am I correct in assuming that saved workspaces in 10.0 are not also usable in 9.1?

TJ

Postby TJ » 12 May 2016

Can I install 10.0 Beta on the same PC as 9.1, like TS 9.1 and 9.5 on the same PC?

Also, am I correct in assuming that saved workspaces in 10.0 are not also usable in 9.1?

MC 10 will overwrite MC 9 in the same computer.

4trading

Postby 4trading » 12 May 2016

MC 10 will overwrite MC 9 in the same computer.
Good to know.
Thanks TJ.
I will try on a secondary PC.

aczk

Postby aczk » 13 May 2016

The FX data through the IB API is very bad now, the charts used to be almost the same as in the Traderworkstation, now they are missing a lot of ticks. A tick chart barely moves and will just have lots of long bars up and down!

Can this be fixed please??
Attachments
eurusd 1min.png
(67.46 KiB) Downloaded 8977 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 May 2016

Hello 4trading,

You can install MultiCharts 32 bit and MultiCharts 64 bit on the same PC. Each MultiCharts uses it's own isolated application/database/study folders. There should be no conflict. In case of a single license - you can use it in both programs, but not at the same time.

Workspaces from 10.0 can still be used in 9.1.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 May 2016

The FX data through the IB API is very bad now, the charts used to be almost the same as in the Traderworkstation, now they are missing a lot of ticks. A tick chart barely moves and will just have lots of long bars up and down!

Hello aczk,

Since version 10.0 Beta 1 for IB connection when Quote field is set to Trade - MidPoint data is downloaded. Realtime updates are streamed by the data feed once in 5 seconds.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 13 May 2016

Hi, Henry,

It is really great to see that these 2 features I asked for are finally implemented!

Questions on IB's True RT 5 sec bars implementation:

1) Will a RT 'update' get incorporated into a bar "on-the-fly", as it builds?

2) What is the real delay of IB providing these updates? My previous research indicated 265-300ms, but it would be interesting to have a more definite answer from the programmers who worked on implementing this feature...This would really help in evaluating/benchmarking latency of a network/VPS.

3) With this feature enabled (is it by default?), when will the bar be considered "closed" by MC?
When the first 'live' tick of the new bar arrives or when the true RT 5-sec update arrives?

4) Are these true RT 5-sec bars only for Trades(=mid-point) or also for Bid and Ask?

5) How are these updates incorporated into the QM/database? Which field gets updated and at what time?

Thanks a lot,
E.

wzero

Postby wzero » 16 May 2016

Hello aczk,

Since version 10.0 Beta 1 for IB connection when Quote field is set to Trade - MidPoint data is downloaded. Realtime updates are streamed by the data feed once in 5 seconds.
Is this for Beta version only or by design? If this is by design there is on advantage, I prefer keep current ver. 9 implementation.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 May 2016

Hello aczk,

Is this for Beta version only or by design? If this is by design there is on advantage, I prefer keep current ver. 9 implementation.
Previously Trade QuoteField was showing Ask data.
Since this version and going forward Trade QuoteField is MidPoint data.
There are no changes in Ask and Bid data, they continue to work the same way.

wzero

Postby wzero » 16 May 2016

But Quote filed is not linked so there is no easy way to change chart from Trade to Ask. Say if I want Trade field for Stocks and Futures and I have 1 Tick, 1 min, 1 Hours, 1 Day Trade charts all linked to a watch list. I can't change these charts to Ask for forex easily.

aczk

Postby aczk » 17 May 2016

whatever quote field I pick, the tick chart does not record data properly. Historical look different to live, it basically hardly moves with long bars and no progress. The previous version worked fine! Please fix this!

SP

Postby SP » 17 May 2016

I imported some older TS elds using the new "Compare source code" feature. It often shows an error even though the codes are identical.

Is this feature designed only to work with PLA codes exported by Multicharts ?
Attachments
Import.jpg
(56.07 KiB) Downloaded 8958 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 May 2016

Hi, Henry,

It is really great to see that these 2 features I asked for are finally implemented!

Questions on IB's True RT 5 sec bars implementation:

1) Will a RT 'update' get incorporated into a bar "on-the-fly", as it builds?

2) What is the real delay of IB providing these updates? My previous research indicated 265-300ms, but it would be interesting to have a more definite answer from the programmers who worked on implementing this feature...This would really help in evaluating/benchmarking latency of a network/VPS.

3) With this feature enabled (is it by default?), when will the bar be considered "closed" by MC?
When the first 'live' tick of the new bar arrives or when the true RT 5-sec update arrives?

4) Are these true RT 5-sec bars only for Trades(=mid-point) or also for Bid and Ask?

5) How are these updates incorporated into the QM/database? Which field gets updated and at what time?

Thanks a lot,
E.
Hello Zheka,

We have added MidPoint support. 5 second RT bars are used in this case as there are no other alternatives provided by IB API in regards to realtime data for MidPoint.
  1. Chart is updated with realtime ticks streamed once in 5 seconds. There is no "correction" of past/realtime bars.
  2. We do not have such information.
  3. It is the default for Forex instruments from IB data feed when Trade Quote Field is selected. Standard bar closing rules are applied: Bar is considered closed once opening tick of the next bar is received or after CloseBarTimeout is exceeded.
  4. MidPoint is for Trades only.
  5. Standard rules are applied: Collecting and Saving Data to MultiCharts Database

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 17 May 2016

Calculating the bid/ask mid-point isn't exactly rocket-science. 5-second snapshots sound grossly inadequate to me. I am not an IB user but i have to say this decision sounds very strange. A lot can happen in 5 seconds..

wzero

Postby wzero » 17 May 2016

Anyway Midpoint for forex chart does not provide significant advantage over Ask chart because the forex spreads is so narrow. It's nice to have Midpoint support if it doesn't sacrifice other features, otherwise the current Ask implementation is good enough.

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 17 May 2016

::
5-second snapshots sound grossly inadequate to me. I am not an IB user but i have to say this decision sounds very strange. A lot can happen in 5 seconds..

IB does not provide real time tick by tick data, it only sends data every fraction of second (250~300 milliseconds).
IB also sends update data every 5 seconds, which updates your 1/3 second bar every 5 seconds.

Most of the software on the market are not programmed to accept the 5 sec update. This is a new MultiCharts v10 feature, which makes your charts more accurate. YMMV
Yes i know about the 250ms updates. Why not just use these and calculate the mid-point? No need to wait for 5 seconds..

Henry MultiСharts

whatever quote field I pick, the tick chart does not record data properly. Historical look different to live, it basically hardly moves with long bars and no progress. The previous version worked fine! Please fix this!
Hello aczk,

We have not experienced any issues with the Bid/Ask realtime updates on our end. Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely.

Henry MultiСharts

Calculating the bid/ask mid-point isn't exactly rocket-science. 5-second snapshots sound grossly inadequate to me. I am not an IB user but i have to say this decision sounds very strange. A lot can happen in 5 seconds..
Hello AlphaCat,

The feature request from the users was about getting MidPoint streamed by IB API, not calculating it on our end.

Henry MultiСharts

But Quote filed is not linked so there is no easy way to change chart from Trade to Ask. Say if I want Trade field for Stocks and Futures and I have 1 Tick, 1 min, 1 Hours, 1 Day Trade charts all linked to a watch list. I can't change these charts to Ask for forex easily.
Thank you for your feedback. It has been forwarded to the management. At the moment we can suggest having separate charts for Forex instruments.

Henry MultiСharts

I imported some older TS elds using the new "Compare source code" feature. It often shows an error even though the codes are identical.

Is this feature designed only to work with PLA codes exported by Multicharts ?
Hello SP,

Thank you for reporting. This issue will be fixed in MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 2.

wzero

Hello AlphaCat,

The feature request from the users was about getting MidPoint streamed by IB API, not calculating it on our end.
If the Midpoint data streamed is 5 seconds snapshots only, just calculating midpoint from realtime bid/ask instead. The guy requested the feature just didn't know the 5 secs limitation.
History data is another story, history midpoint shouldn't be calculated from bid/ask history, since IB API treat bid/ask as two separate request thus more likely to cause pacing violation.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 17 May 2016

I will just summarize the reasons for asking these implementation of mid-point and 5-sec RT bars for IB:

1. One gets into unpleasant situations (that need handling) when the "autotrading" chart from IB gets "refreshed" with historical data.

A chart refreshed with historical data (after closing a chart/MC, etc) will be different from a chart with bars built in real-time. Your indicators/signals might calculate differently, and you will have a position mismatch to manage (which way?). Especially, if you trade multiple strategies on the same symbol...and if you do WFO and use historical data from IB for backtesting..

2. 5-sec true RT bars are streamed from IB's historical servers.
- the data incorporate all ticks
- the same you backtest/WFO on
- cleaned from all "bad" ticks in RT for you

3. 5-sec updates have predictable arrival times (250-300ms upon end of a 5-sec interval).
- MC does not close a bar until the "opening" tick of the new bar arrives. And this can be a looong time (700ms-2sec+ during regular trading)
- generating a limit order after waiting for the "opening" tick can lead to a worse position in the order book and low probability of execution, or 'slippage' vs. backtested results in case of market order. It is better not to be late to the market.
- to generate an order on the exact time of bar close, one needs to use quite a number of tricks with Closebartimeout,RecalcLastbarAfter and IOG enabled. Using IOG gets your strategy evaluated on every tick, which in case of some complex recursive indicators is highly undesirable/erroneous/inefficient or requires cumbersome coding around.

I really hoped that the MC's implementation of this would "close" the bar on arrival of the last 5-sec update for the bar.

@Henry:
is it possible to catch arrival of the last bar's 5-sec update through the "number of ticks"?

TCust

Postby TCust » 17 May 2016

Dear MC

Where % calculation in Trend line ?

You understand that stock cost 3$ 30$ 160$, what you calculate with Price difference for stock's ?

Elementary fundamental function !

wzero

I will just summarize the reasons for asking these implementation of mid-point and 5-sec RT bars for IB:

1. One gets into unpleasant situations (that need handling) when the "autotrading" chart from IB gets "refreshed" with historical data.

A chart refreshed with historical data (after closing a chart/MC, etc) will be different from a chart with bars built in real-time. Your indicators/signals might calculate differently, and you will have a position mismatch to manage (which way?). Especially, if you trade multiple strategies on the same symbol...and if you do WFO and use historical data from IB for backtesting..

2. 5-sec true RT bars are streamed from IB's historical servers.
- the data incorporate all ticks
- the same you backtest/WFO on
- cleaned from all "bad" ticks in RT for you
There is always discrepancy between realtime and historical data. It's unavoidable.
But realtime is realtime, historical is historical data. We should not wait realtime data to became historical data then fetch "realtime" data from historical server. That's not true realtime.
To test if it's true realtime or historical data, make it pacing violation... Historical server will stop sending data on pacing violation, if the chart is still updating it's realtime.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 May 2016

Dear MC

Where % calculation in Trend line ?

You understand that stock cost 3$ 30$ 160$, what you calculate with Price difference for stock's ?

Elementary fundamental function !
Hello TCust,

Please refer to the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&p=111907

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 18 May 2016

There is always discrepancy between realtime and historical data. It's unavoidable.
But realtime is realtime, historical is historical data. We should not wait realtime data to became historical data then fetch "realtime" data from historical server. That's not true realtime.
To test if it's true realtime or historical data, make it pacing violation... Historical server will stop sending data on pacing violation, if the chart is still updating it's realtime.
In case of IB, this is avoidable, and the cost is 250-300ms delay. For a huge number of people who do not trade very short-term strategies, it is a very good solution for all the benefits I described above at zero extra cost (vs. IQ feed).
(And by the way, I know of at least one other competitive product which implements this feature well).

But this does not in any way reduce your options. Work with real realtime bid-ask as you used to. Why argue?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 May 2016

@Henry: is it possible to catch arrival of the last bar's 5-sec update through the "number of ticks"?
I'm not sure I am following. Please describe your final goal.

TCust

Postby TCust » 18 May 2016

Hello TCust,

Please refer to the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&p=111907
Henry if trader's create this indicator, may be this important ?

You can simple create option in trend line, calculate diff or %, and not block mouse with this indicator. Your trend line work in one click and dynamically change if move mouse.

Ps. I every time use this function in other terminal
Last edited by TCust on 18 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 18 May 2016

Sorry for not being clear.

There are 12 5-sec updates in 1 min.

Is there an MC variable will show 12 (or 12*x), so that one can write:

[IOG=true] //?needed?
if (Numberofupdates=12) then //last update of a 1 min bar
begin
// system logic
end;

The final goal is to only do processing as soon as the last update for the current bar arrives. And not when the "opening tick" of the next bar comes (which in case of 5-sec updates will happen 5sec+later).

tradingest

Postby tradingest » 18 May 2016

Hi all,

I have found this error below. I don't can connect IB

Can you help me?

tradingest
Attachments
Immagine 018.png
(8.02 KiB) Downloaded 10672 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 May 2016

When I maximize the window inside MC the close, maximize and minimize buttons seems not the have the correct size.
The image was taken on my Surface Pro.

Attachments
2016-05-19_12-06-30.png
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 10671 times

TCust

Postby TCust » 19 May 2016

Hi all,

I have found this error below. I don't can connect IB

tradingest
I have same error , on 9.1 and 10 , QM logs write Enable ActiveX in TWS....

After 5 reinstall TWS, in first run I switch off option in TWS, Use/store setting on server, and run clear TWS and configure (local) TWS, now work.

May be this error on Ib servers with saved configuration.
Attachments
TWS.PNG
(20.51 KiB) Downloaded 8892 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 May 2016

When I maximize the window inside MC the close, maximize and minimize buttons seems not the have the correct size.
The image was taken on my Surface Pro.

Hello arnie,

These are system buttons, unfortunately there is no way to change them.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 May 2016

Sorry for not being clear.

There are 12 5-sec updates in 1 min.

Is there an MC variable will show 12 (or 12*x), so that one can write:

[IOG=true] //?needed?
if (Numberofupdates=12) then //last update of a 1 min bar
begin
// system logic
end;

The final goal is to only do processing as soon as the last update for the current bar arrives. And not when the "opening tick" of the next bar comes (which in case of 5-sec updates will happen 5sec+later).
We have tested it and there is always a tick each 5 seconds, even if the price does not move. Therefore the bar is closed right on time, there is no need to add any additional logic. If you want to have calculation on bar close only - you can have IOG disabled.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 19 May 2016

Hi Henry,

I see 3 possibilities:

1) if current rules apply and a bar is "closed" by MC when the "opening" tick arrives, then it will be closed at +5 sec vs. the "timely" end of a bar period.

2) MC treats the last update for the bar as an 'opening tick' (because it arrives with a 250-300ms delay) and at this moment indeed closes the bar... but in such case this 'last update/last price' will become part of the next bar...and not 'close' of the previous one.

3) MC closes a bar exactly on arrival of the last 5-sec update and this last update becomes the "closing price" of this bar.

Which one? Please reconfirm.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 May 2016

Hi Henry,

I see 3 possibilities:

1) if current rules apply and a bar is "closed" by MC when the "opening" tick arrives, then it will be closed at +5 sec vs. the "timely" end of a bar period.

2) MC treats the last update for the bar as an 'opening tick' (because it arrives with a 250-300ms delay) and at this moment indeed closes the bar... but in such case this 'last update/last price' will become part of the next bar...and not 'close' of the previous one.

3) MC closes a bar exactly on arrival of the last 5-sec update and this last update becomes the "closing price" of this bar.

We'll check that for you and I will let you know.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 May 2016

Hi Henry,

I see 3 possibilities:

Hello Zheka,

We have double checked it for you and we can confirm that the bar is "closed" by MC when the "opening" tick arrives. If you want the bar to be closed faster - you need to set the CloseBarTimeout value to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\your MultiCharts version\Shaper\. You need to restart all MultiCharts processes to have the changes applied.

TCust

Postby TCust » 23 May 2016

Not optimized IB data download.

1 day per request * 60 day = Pacing violation

Why not 5 day per request ?
Attachments
IB2.PNG
(68.36 KiB) Downloaded 8927 times
IB.PNG
(71.71 KiB) Downloaded 8918 times
Last edited by TCust on 23 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

TCust

Postby TCust » 23 May 2016

I recommend create option in Market Scanner, show vertical scroll bar, show horizontal scroll bar, for elegance view this table and economy workspace area for unnecessary elements.
Attachments
MKS.PNG
(19.1 KiB) Downloaded 8944 times

Henry MultiСharts

Not optimized IB data download.

1 day per request * 60 day = Pacing violation

Why not 5 day per request ?
Hello TCust,

The data requests for IB data feed are already optimized according to IB recommendations.

Henry MultiСharts

I recommend create option in Market Scanner, show vertical scroll bar, show horizontal scroll bar, for elegance view this table and economy workspace area for unnecessary elements.
Thank you for your suggestion. It will be forwarded to the appropriate department.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 23 May 2016

Hello Zheka,

We have double checked it for you and we can confirm that the bar is "closed" by MC when the "opening" tick arrives. If you want the bar to be closed faster - you need to set the CloseBarTimeout value to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\your MultiCharts version\Shaper\. You need to restart all MultiCharts processes to have the changes applied.
So, is it Option 1 or Option2?

My guess is #1 since most probably the timestamp of the last 5-sec update is the actual end of this 5-sec period...but please confirm.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 May 2016

Hello Zheka,

So, is it Option 1 or Option2?

My guess is #1 since most probably the timestamp of the last 5-sec update is the actual end of this 5-sec period...but please confirm.
It is Option #1.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 24 May 2016

Thank you!

4trading

Postby 4trading » 24 May 2016

Install file doe not install.

Downloaded Beta and attempted install multiple times. Both double-clicking and running as admin just produced spinning cursor. Downloaded twice and tried with both files.
END PROCESS does not shut down MC files either. Other files shut don OK.

I am using win 7 64-bit.
Is Win 10 required?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 May 2016

Downloaded Beta and attempted install multiple times. Both double-clicking and running as admin just produced spinning cursor. Downloaded twice and tried with both files.

I am using win 7 64-bit.
Is Win 10 required?
Hello 4trading,

Please restart your PC, disable the anti virus and try running the installer again.
If you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST.

4trading

Postby 4trading » 25 May 2016

I am using win 7 64-bit.
Is Win 10 required?
Hello 4trading,

Please restart your PC, disable the anti virus and try running the installer again.
If you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST.
Hmm... I thought I had turned off my AV, but I missed it.
Thanks

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 May 2016

issue with data windows.

now it is dificult to anchor data windows.

sometime to time data windows disappears, and come back in full size (my two screens).

like this:

and it is difficult to reduce the width of data windows now.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 May 2016

issue with data windows.

sometime to time data windows disappears, and come back in full size (my two screens).

like this:

Solved in the live chat.

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 28 May 2016

Hello,
In MC 9.X versions, when i created custom exit strategies(DOM or chart trading) on one instrument, they were available for other instruments.
Now in MC 10.0, the created exit strategies for one instrument are not available for others. Is it the normal behavior ?
Let's the you trade US stocks (> 6000instruments), it will not be possible to create a custom exit orders for each equity. Custom exit orders should be available for all instrument as in 9.X version.

The9000

Postby The9000 » 29 May 2016

I love the new look. Overall the MC10 feels much more responsive.

Console output appears to be broke, i.e. print("Hello World") doesn't show anything in the console.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 May 2016

Hello,
In MC 9.X versions, when i created custom exit strategies(DOM or chart trading) on one instrument, they were available for other instruments.
Now in MC 10.0, the created exit strategies for one instrument are not available for others. Is it the normal behavior ?
Let's the you trade US stocks (> 6000instruments), it will not be possible to create a custom exit orders for each equity. Custom exit orders should be available for all instrument as in 9.X version.
Hello mickatrade,

The exit strategies are still available for all other charts/DOM windows This behavior has not changed.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 May 2016

I love the new look. Overall the MC10 feels much more responsive.

Console output appears to be broke, i.e. print("Hello World") doesn't show anything in the console.
Hello The9000,

No problem with it on our end. Make sure you have the study with the Print statement applied to a chart and calculated.

The9000

Postby The9000 » 31 May 2016

I was able to get it to work by running both the Power Editor and Portfolio Trader as admin. Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 19 Jun 2016

issue with data windows.

like this:

Solved in the live chat.

not totaly solved ...

i try to open data windows, impossible to see his windows.
close MC, load MC again and here my workspace :

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Jun 2016

issue with data windows.

Solved in the live chat.
not totaly solved ...

i try to open data windows, impossible to see his windows.
close MC, load MC again and here my workspace
Hello Smoky,

This case has been forwarded to the development team. In the meantime please do the following:
Double-click on the Data Window's title to dock it back. You can also try dragging the Data Window on the left or right side of MultiCharts window to dock it back. If you are unable to do that - follow these instructions:
Please close all MultiCharts processes.
Then go to RegEdit.exe and delete the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts64\MainForm\Docking
After that is done - start MultiCharts.

Automeq

Postby Automeq » 20 Jun 2016

Any ideia when the 10 BETA 2 will be released ?

The9000

Postby The9000 » 20 Jun 2016

I have a problem with the Power Editor freezing up when printing a decent amount of data to the console. I don't have this problem in 9.1 and have since gone back to 9.1 until it's fixed.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 21 Jun 2016

I have a problem with the Power Editor freezing up when printing a decent amount of data to the console. I don't have this problem in 9.1 and have since gone back to 9.1 until it's fixed.

yes !

require to use external file writing :-(

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2016

The9000, how many output lines are causing this?

The9000

Postby The9000 » 21 Jun 2016

It was 7 symbols going back 6 years in 2 minute bars. It prints one line to the console for every bar in the trade and there were about 1200 trades, 30 bars per trade on average. So about 36k lines of output.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2016

Any ideia when the 10 BETA 2 will be released ?
In a couple of months or so.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Jun 2016

It was 7 symbols going back 6 years in 2 minute bars. It prints one line to the console for every bar in the trade and there were about 1200 trades, 30 bars per trade on average. So about 36k lines of output.
We were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely. We will do our best to help you.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 18 Jul 2016

margin error :

please could you add chexbox to disable margin alert on paper trading ?

false alert, with 100 000 usd i can buy 2 mini DAX contrats.

Maybe my setup ???

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jul 2016

margin error :

please could you add chexbox to disable margin alert on paper trading ?

false alert, with 100 000 usd i can buy 2 mini DAX contrats.

Maybe my setup ???
Hello Smoky,

Based on your screenshot the margin is disabled.
Big Point Value for the instrument = 5.
Market order price = 10040
To buy two contracts you need 10040 * 5 * 2 = 100400
Therefore you do not have enough money on your account to buy 2 contracts of this instrument.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 18 Jul 2016

hello Henry,

yes I understood, but i put zero to disable margin (picture 2)

and i have margin popup alert (picture 1)

a workaround is to put 1 000 000 USD on this account but not realist ...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jul 2016

hello Henry,

yes I understood, but i put zero to disable margin (picture 2)

and i have margin popup alert (picture 1)

a workaround is to put 1 000 000 USD on this account but not realist ...
Smoky, the margin is disabled, you do not have enough money on your account to open this position. Please increase the account balance.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Sep 2016

Return to “MultiCharts”