Discrepancy Opening price IB vs MC charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
CAGMAD

Discrepancy Opening price IB vs MC charts

Postby CAGMAD » 11 May 2016

Good morning,

I have a data feed from IB to see MC charts. Acording to IB charts, today, the opening price of FDAX June16 futures was 10060.5. According to MC charts fed from IB data, the opening was 10094.5.

Could you please tell me why there was such a discrepancy? It has created a larger loss than expected in a strategy that I am trading on paper.

Kind regards

LRP

Re: Discrepancy Opening price IB vs MC charts

Postby LRP » 11 May 2016

Hi CAGMAD

As seen, because at IB the close of FDAX (as well ESTX50) from yesterday is the close from 17:30 o'clock and not the close from 22:00 o'clock (UTC+1). Therefore you will have a calculation difference if you compare the closes from 17:30 or 22:00 versus the today open.

Please check your session settings at MC. In my case (Session: 24/5) MC and IB has identical open and close values.

Happy Trading!

CAGMAD

LRP,

I am not calculating the difference between yesterday's close and today's open. I am just looking at today's open. I don't understand why the open shown in IB charts and MC charts is different if the data feed is the same.

CAGMAD

LRP, I am sorry I didn't see the last part of your message when I replied to it.

I have changed the session settings as you suggested and it didn't work. I have also used a custom session for the IB data feed from 8am to 10pm. This is the same session that I have with the TS data feed, which is giving me the correct opening. However, I am still getting the wrong opening on my MC charts using the IB data feed.

I have closed all aplications and reinitiated my pc after changing the settings. Is there anybody else having the same issue?

Kind regards

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 May 2016

Hello CAGMAD,

You need to check some settings to make sure MC and TWS are showing the same data.

Make sure on the chart in IB TWS in the Edit tab->Chart parameters->”What to show” is set to the same QuoteField as set in MultiCharts (Format->Instrument->Settings-> QuoteField). Keep in mind that “Midpoint” quote field is supported in MultiCharts only since 10.0 Beta1.

In QuoteManager go to Tools tab->Data sources ->IB->Settings.
Is "Regular Trading Hours" option enabled?
In TWS->Chart settings->Chart Parameters-> is "Show data outside of regular trading hours" option available and enabled?

If "Regular Trading Hours" option is enabled-only the data for session hours will be downloaded from the server.
If "Regular Trading Hours" option is disabled-additional non-session data will be downloaded, in case it is provided by IB and enabled in TWS.

Please make sure the following options are set properly in QuoteManager and TWS.
Then Reload the chart using Ctrl+R after changing the settings.

CAGMAD

Henry,

In QuoteManager go to Tools tab->Data sources ->IB->Settings.
"Regular Trading Hours" option was enabled. I disabled it, and now, I get the same opening in the IB charts and the MC chart. So it worked!

However, I don't understand why this change made it work when FDAX June16 is an electronically traded future contract and, as far as I understand, all trading is done during regular trading hours.

Thanks for your help

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 May 2016

Good morning,

I have a data feed from IB to see MC charts. Acording to IB charts, today, the opening price of FDAX June16 futures was 10060.5. According to MC charts fed from IB data, the opening was 10094.5.

Could you please tell me why there was such a discrepancy? It has created a larger loss than expected in a strategy that I am trading on paper.

Kind regards
Are you reading it off the chart?
What is your chart resolution?

Return to “MultiCharts”