importing eld or sef files

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
valabhi

importing eld or sef files

Postby valabhi » 27 Mar 2008

i tried to import eld file pleditor imports and compiles successfully, but page is empty. nothing will plot. Also, sef file by impor read only will come up empty page or with error code1 this started after using beta 3.0.1137.3363. canu help

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Mar 2008

Hi valabhi,

1. Regarding the eld file. We need to have a look at the file to tell you what's wrong and to fix it. Could you please e-mail this file to mpashkova@tssupport.com?

2. Regarding the .sef files. Sef files can only be imported into exactly the same version of MultiCharts on which they have been compiled. Obviously, the sef files you used before switching to the current beta were compiled on the older version. That's why you were able to import them before, but not anymore.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

valabhi

Postby valabhi » 27 Mar 2008

Marina;
regarding eld files, note that same eld were imported in prevous ver,now any thing i import weather eld or sef pl editor page rmains blank. nothing wrong with eld, there is something wrong in pl editor in importing process

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Mar 2008

Valahbi,

As I said before you won't be able to import the old sef file EXACTLY because you were able to import it into the old MC version. If you want to import it into the latest beta this file must be COMPILED ON THE LATEST BETA. Sef files can only be imported into exactly the same build for which they were created.

Regarding eld: we can only help you if you send us the eld. Please send this file to mpashkova@tssuppor.com

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 29 Mar 2008

2. Regarding the .sef files. Sef files can only be imported into exactly the same version of MultiCharts on which they have been compiled.
If this is the case, then it seems that a developer who wants to distribute a secured code item must stand ready to recompile and redistribute that code item again and again to every customer with every new release of MC, forever into the future.

Do I misunderstand this?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Mar 2008

Hi MC_Prog,

You understand everything absolutely correctly. Of course, the above means extra work for the developers. But there is always a price to pay for the real security and safety of proprietary studies. Unlike studies protected in TS, studies protected in MultiCharts (as sef files) are virtually impossible to break.

After all, the developers can make adjustments for official versions of MultiCharts, which are released approximately every 6 months.

Return to “MultiCharts”