How to prevent adding data to database ....  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

How to prevent adding data to database ....

Postby bensat » 17 May 2016

... where to trade occurred due to holiday market close ?

Version : MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 11210)

Yesterday Dax Futures were closed due to holiday, while Buxl/Bund/Boble/Schatz && DJEuroStoxx Futures were trading on EUREX . CQG keeps providing data in Dax futures as OHLC = Close Friday @9878.5 in all time frames > Tick, Min & Daily and this data gets stored in the QM.

Daily data > Dax Future

Minute data > Dax Future

Tick data > Dax Future

I can't add the 05/16 to Germany's holiday list, as it would have consequences in showing no data for Buxl/Bund/Boble/Schatz && DJEuroStoxx Futures as well. Further I tried to delete this tick in the QuoteManager by erasing the cache, deleting the data for the 05/16 etc, but it keeps adding this tick all the time.

How can I prevent the Quotemanager to download this tick ? Why CQG is sending this tick out ? Any quick help & advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Ben
Attachments
DAX_MC_Forum_Tick.png
(22.2 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
DAX_MC_Forum_Min.png
(24.73 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
DAX_MC_Forum.png
(23.73 KiB) Downloaded 642 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How to prevent adding data to database ....  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 May 2016

Hello Ben,

That is a known CQG API issue. The only way around in your specific case is changing holidays in any Holiday List to a dedicated list for the Dax Futures only. Then create a new fake exchange (or modify an existing one) and select the holiday list you have edited for the Dax Futures for it. Then select this exchange for the Dax instrument. Now plot a chart for Dax.

bensat

Re: How to prevent adding data to database ....

Postby bensat » 17 May 2016

Henry,

thank you for your quick reply. I thought this is may the way to go, but I have still not enough inside view how everything is working. So I better asked. Thanks again and pls have a nice evening.

Regards.

Ben

Return to “MultiCharts”