A few observations on the latest beta.....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

A few observations on the latest beta.....

Postby iso » 28 Mar 2008

Status bar does not stay hidden on restart.

Chart windows do not stay placed in set location in workspaces. As you are working on a chart the windows somehow get moved.

Price scale gets set to random indicators at will.

Fib Extensions do not display labels.

If the cursor gets in the command line you will not beable to use ctrl + - to zoom in and out. Not sure how to get it back to the point where ctrl + - will work

Chart scaling takes indicators into consideration when auto scaling witch can make price not viewable

Drawing objects are not unique per symbol on a chart

If a chart is undocked and you change to a different workspace the undocked chart disappears (I am guessing this is by design)

Autotrading turns itself off continuously.

Marina Pashkova

Re: A few observations on the latest beta.....

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Mar 2008

Status bar does not stay hidden on restart.
Confirmed. Will be fixed.
Chart windows do not stay placed in set location in workspaces. As you are working on a chart the windows somehow get moved.
Could you please provide more details? And post screenshots before and after?
Price scale gets set to random indicators at will.
If you are talking about adjustments of the price scale width depending on the number of digits in the indicator, then the price scale simply adjusts to whichever indicator takes up the most space. If you are talking about a different phonomenon, please provide more details.
Fib Extensions do not display labels.
Confirmed. Will be fixed.
If the cursor gets in the command line you will not beable to use ctrl + - to zoom in and out. Not sure how to get it back to the point where ctrl + - will work
This is normal behavior. If the focus is in the command line we assume that you want to type in something and not control the chart.
Chart scaling takes indicators into consideration when auto scaling witch can make price not viewable
Could you please provide more details? Description + screenshot?
Drawing objects are not unique per symbol on a chart
Are you talking about numbering the drawings?
If a chart is undocked and you change to a different workspace the undocked chart disappears (I am guessing this is by design)
This is an intended behavior.
Autotrading turns itself off continuously.
Autotrading gets turned off if the parameters of the symbol or signal/strategy within the chart are changed. Or if a new symbol or signal is added into the chart. In other words, it gets turned off whenever the changes that might affect calculations are introduced.

Thank you for all the comments.

Geoff

Re: A few observations on the latest beta.....

Postby Geoff » 29 Mar 2008

This is normal behavior. If the focus is in the command line we assume that you want to type in something and not control the chart.
Yes but when you then click on the previously selected chart the focus remains in the command line rather than switching back to the chart. You need to select a different chart first then the original chart again. I don't recall having this problem before the beta.

Hope this helps, Geoff

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Mar 2008

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for reporting the problem. It'll be fixed.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Mar 2008

Hi Geoff,

I'm sorry. I consulted our engineers again. For now this behavior is not considered a bug. To avoid this focus behavior, use ESC to switch focus from the command line to the chart window.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 01 Apr 2008

Hi Geoff,

I'm sorry. I consulted our engineers again. For now this behavior is not considered a bug. To avoid this focus behavior, use ESC to switch focus from the command line to the chart window.
Ah, the ESC key was the secret! Not sure I wouldn't call it a bug, but it's very minor compared to all the problems.

Return to “MultiCharts”