My Recommendations for MC10

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Adrian Uncle

My Recommendations for MC10

Postby Adrian Uncle » 19 May 2016

1) Please make MC10 not overwriting MC9.1. I installed MC10 in a different directory from MC9.1 and it got deleted.

2) MC10 should use multi threads when backfilling and calculating a strategy on a chart. Shouldn't MC10 impress us more than just some graphical changes?

3) Please add total #of trades & percentage profitable in the Strategy Performance Summary Report, see attached.

Many thanks

syswizard

Re: My Recommendations for MC10

Postby syswizard » 19 May 2016

Excellent suggestion.

arnie

Postby arnie » 20 May 2016

1) Please make MC10 not overwriting MC9.1. I installed MC10 in a different directory from MC9.1 and it got deleted.
MC10 is an upgrade of 9.1 so obviously it overwrite it. The behavior is exactly the same like any other software.
Why dont you have a second PC for your testing?

Having said that, I do think that while in beta stage, both versions could indeed co-exist, allowing the user a chance to easily switch versions in case the beta one have some bug that prevent the user to fully work with it.

The users that do take the risk to test a beta version should indeed have a bit more of leeway.
This would prevent the user having to install and reinstall prior versions.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 May 2016

If you install MultiCharts of the same bit as the current one - it will be updated.
You can install MultiCharts 32 bit and MultiCharts 64 bit on the same PC. Each MultiCharts uses it's own isolated application/database/study folders. There should be no conflict. In case of a single license - you can use it in both programs, but not at the same time.
2) MC10 should use multi threads when backfilling and calculating a strategy on a chart. Shouldn't MC10 impress us more than just some graphical changes?
Studies from each chart are calculated in a separate thread. There is a single thread for backfilling and there is no way to change that with the current architecture.
3) Please add total #of trades & percentage profitable in the Strategy Performance Summary Report, see attached.
We'll have that added in MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 2.

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 20 May 2016

Thanks everyone for your comments regarding the second PC. Personally, I have four 8-core PCs; hence, it was never a problem. I got a bit lazy and installed MC10 on the same PC as MC9.1 for a quick test drive. It was a bad idea.

Anyhow, I think that we are getting off topic. I think that MC10 should be called MC9.2 or MC9.6 because there are no significant architecture changes except the graphical changes. I think that backfilling should be a parallel process to speed up the loading of the chart and the calculation of a strategy on a single chart. IMHO, we need faster and more powerful engine (parallel processing) not just a fresh coat of paint (i.e. graphical stuff) and calling it a new car/software release.

I understand that parallel processing and multithreading are difficult to implement but it will differentiate MC from the rest of the others trading platform.

On the easier side, is it possible that we can have a Strategy Performance Report icon on the menu bar beside the insert signals icon?

Adrian Uncle

Re: The 4k Display Thread

Postby Adrian Uncle » 21 May 2016

My priorities for a trading computer with MC10 and IB @4k Display:

Priority & Needs:
1. Reliable and stable (no overclock/tweaking, no WLAN)
2. Computer Power (CPU i7 6500, RAM 32GB, 256 GB SSHD/SSD)
3. 1-2 Displays (4k@60Hz needs DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 2.0 at Display & MoBo!)
4. Very quite system with small dimensions (Mirco-Tower or NUC Skull Canyon)
5. Energy saving (Graphic Power by IGP from CPU 6th Generation, no 3D Power needed!)

Proposal:
MoBo http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty ... ing-ITXac/
NUC http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ ... h-nuc.html

Just my 2 cents.

Any other suggestions?

THX
Does for 4K help traders become more profitable or is it more of bragging rights? It is not like watching action movies. It is a chart with 4 data points OHLC. Don't get me wrong, how many different shades or pixels do you need for a 1M or 15M chart?

I personally believe that resources should be allocated to build a more robust and reliable trading platform i.e. Walk Forward Optimization, Accurate backtesting, fixing bugs, adding more options and features in helping traders to become more profitable.

Just my 2 cents.

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 May 2016

Does for 4K help traders become more profitable or is it more of bragging rights? It is not like watching action movies. It is a chart with 4 data points OHLC. Don't get me wrong, how many different shades or pixels do you need for a 1M or 15M chart?

I personally believe that resources should be allocated to build a more robust and reliable trading platform i.e. Walk Forward Optimization, Accurate backtesting, fixing bugs, adding more options and features in helping traders to become more profitable.

Just my 2 cents.
4K is the future.

Not because of the shades or pixels, or fad.

But because in the future monitors and TV will be the same -- based on the 4K standard.

One of the side benefits of 4K is a bigger screen.
More real estate means more charts in one screen instead of multiple screens.
More pixels means the ability to display more complex analysis.

Some people can trade with their smartphones.
But even smartphones are moving towards the 4K standard.

YMMV

ps. 8K is coming... correction, 8K is already here.

evdl

Postby evdl » 25 May 2016

My priorities for a trading computer with MC10 and IB @4k Display:

Priority & Needs:
1. Reliable and stable (no overclock/tweaking, no WLAN)
2. Computer Power (CPU i7 6500, RAM 32GB, 256 GB SSHD/SSD)
3. 1-2 Displays (4k@60Hz needs DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 2.0 at Display & MoBo!)
4. Very quite system with small dimensions (Mirco-Tower or NUC Skull Canyon)
5. Energy saving (Graphic Power by IGP from CPU 6th Generation, no 3D Power needed!)

Proposal:
MoBo http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty ... ing-ITXac/
NUC http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ ... h-nuc.html

Just my 2 cents.

Any other suggestions?

THX

Just my 2 cents.

I agree, 4k is not wide spread, and it will probably take some years to be the standard. So for the upcoming years no priority imo.

Without taking away the great and hard work of the MC team on updating and improving MC, this comes up to mind from my point of view to improve MC as a priority:

- native multi time frame solution see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9035
(it is a real challenge to code a MTF strategy and have a match between realtime and backtest results). A native solution would soften the pain.

- native global variabels/ADE solution. (also real challenge to code and have a match between RT and backtest)

- make no distinction between indicators and signals, both should be calculated the same and behave the same, and possibility to use all keywords in both. This avoids caveats between what you see plotted by an indicator and what a signal is calculating in your strategy. This now could be something different, due to a different calculating mechanisme.

- improve difference in realtime and backtest behaviour. There are a lot of caveats one have to take into consideration when making a strategy. Some are easy to cover, but there are a lot of "need to knows" a starting user of MC will take a long long time to figure out. And they probably never do, but still use the backtest results as the basis for there live trading. Which in many cases will never match without them knowing, and what is causing this.

- Barmagnifier for all data streams and available for all functions in MC, like PT or custom futures. And avoid looking in the future and not create unrealistic results. This sort of behaviour is not anticipated, because it is not logical imo. Lookup barmagnifier post on the forum to read in to this. It is important for your backtest and live results.

- Improve data collection and security. Which data is saved or not or backfilled or not is a real puzzle. Also should it be possible to save data intraday (and not only with closing the application).

- Improve Automatic trading by giving the possibility to get all the info possible in to the code. Every button you can click or info on the screen, should have a reserve word in powerlanguage. Simple example: set signals or indicators on/off by code. I can give many examples like this. Automation to the max! It is one of the USP of MC.

- In general: more attention to usability from a user perspective and not from a programmer perspective. Maybe have a new topic in the help pulldown menu called "usabilty suggestion". Which gives a form on which you can send suggestions to the MC team to improve usability, seen from a traders point of view.

To be clear this is not a rant on MC. I was triggered by the comment of Adrian Uncle and do not want to go offtopic. MC is great and I hope these suggestions can help improve MC.

Back on topic now again and proceed talking about 4k. ;)

Adrian Uncle

More Details Drawdown periods & Equity Drawdown Analysis

Postby Adrian Uncle » 25 May 2016

Dear MC Santa,

I know that I have not been very good but I am trying to speak on behalf of the good kids using MC10 beta1. Is it possible that we can have more details Equity Drawdown and Drawdown Period Analysis similar below in MC10 beta2?

Equity Drawdown

Maximum Drawdown, 6013.86

Maximum Drawdown Start Date, 2008.09.26

Maximum Drawdown End Date, 2008.10.13

Second Maximum Drawdown, 5701.84

Second Maximum Drawdown Start Date, 2001.08.17

Second Maximum Drawdown End Date, 2002.03.18

Third Maximum Drawdown, 5491.31

Third Maximum Drawdown Start Date, 2006.08.07

Third Maximum Drawdown End Date, 2007.01.03

Fourth Maximum Drawdown, 4848.71

Fourth Maximum Drawdown Start Date, 2010.05.17

Fourth Maximum Drawdown End Date, 2010.06.30

Fifth Maximum Drawdown, 4793.9

Fifth Maximum Drawdown Start Date, 2008.12.09

Fifth Maximum Drawdown End Date, 2008.12.18

Drawdown Duration Period
Longest Drawdown Period Start Date, 2001.08.17

Longest Drawdown Period End Date, 2003.09.05

Longest Drawdown Period Trading Days, 500

Longest Drawdown Period Calendar Days, 749

Second Longest Drawdown Period Start Date, 2006.08.07

Second Longest Drawdown Period End Date, 2007.06.15

Second Longest Drawdown Period Trading Days, 206

Second Longest Drawdown Period Calendar Days, 312

Third Longest Drawdown Period Start Date, 2004.11.25

Third Longest Drawdown Period End Date, 2005.04.25

Third Longest Drawdown Period Trading Days, 97

Third Longest Drawdown Period Calendar Days, 151

Fourth Longest Drawdown Period Start Date, 2004.06.23

Fourth Longest Drawdown Period End Date, 2004.11.15

Fourth Longest Drawdown Period Trading Days, 96

Fourth Longest Drawdown Period Calendar Days, 145

Fifth Longest Drawdown Period Start Date, 2010.12.24

Fifth Longest Drawdown Period End Date, 2011.04.20

Fifth Longest Drawdown Period Trading Days, 80

Fifth Longest Drawdown Period Calendar Days, 117

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 25 May 2016

I'd like to see drawdown-runup by day of week. I'd like to know if a news day (example: Wed-oil inventory day) stands out as having a larger impact on trading results or if results are evenly spread across each day..

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 26 May 2016

- native multi time frame solution see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9035
(it is a real challenge to code a MTF strategy and have a match between realtime and backtest results). A native solution would soften the pain. Yes

- native global variabels/ADE solution. (also real challenge to code and have a match between RT and backtest)
Yes may be more with direct share memory tools (reading for begining)

- make no distinction between indicators and signals, both should be calculated the same and behave the same, and possibility to use all keywords in both. This avoids caveats between what you see plotted by an indicator and what a signal is calculating in your strategy. This now could be something different, due to a different calculating mechanisme.
Not agree with you, signals must be faster then plot a dot on screen, MC as already implemented fast signal calcul, you order is already at your broker and you chart is going to plot it ...

- Improve Automatic trading by giving the possibility to get all the info possible in to the code. Every button you can click or info on the screen, should have a reserve word in powerlanguage. Simple example: set signals or indicators on/off by code. I can give many examples like this. Automation to the max! It is one of the USP of MC.
Yessss !
another exemple calling DOM stategy from EL ;) your manual setup used directly by EL

4K is the futur for graphic, auto-trading is the futur for trading ...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 May 2016

All feature requests should be posted in the Project Management of our web site so the other users can vote for them: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

evdl

Postby evdl » 26 May 2016

Not agree with you, signals must be faster then plot a dot on screen, MC as already implemented fast signal calcul, you order is already at your broker and you chart is going to plot it ...
I mean the calculation of the indicator must be the same as the signal. Calculating behaviour of indicators depends on a lot of variabels (realtime data or historical, RT match on/off. etc). This can cause a mismatch between what you have in your signal (strategy) and what you calculate in the indicator. When values are met intrabar but not at barclose, the signal (with IOG and BM) will see this and create a trade for example. An indicator will not plot anything. I see no use for indicators anymore if all the keywords can be used in signals.
All feature requests should be posted in the Project Management of our web site so the other users can vote for them: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
All the improvements I mentioned are already in the project management. Some for years. Ofcourse my priorities can differ from other users. But some are imo core functionalities that affect every user, even if they are not aware of it. But I am not in charge of MC's agenda. Only wanted to express my point of view what is priority in the development of MC and maybe get some support from other users. To help MC prioritize there resources according to the needs of their users.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 May 2016

I mean the calculation of the indicator must be the same as the signal. Calculating behaviour of indicators depends on a lot of variabels (realtime data or historical, RT match on/off. etc). This can cause a mismatch between what you have in your signal (strategy) and what you calculate in the indicator. When values are met intrabar but not at barclose, the signal (with IOG and BM) will see this and create a trade for example. An indicator will not plot anything. I see no use for indicators anymore if all the keywords can be used in signals.
All the improvements I mentioned are already in the project management. Some for years. Ofcourse my priorities can differ from other users. But some are imo core functionalities that affect every user, even if they are not aware of it. But I am not in charge of MC's agenda. Only wanted to express my point of view what is priority in the development of MC and maybe get some support from other users. To help MC prioritize there resources according to the needs of their users.
you are right Evdl, last year the MC team has made great effort to manual trading and forget the strategy programmers. But things change, in this forum there are more and more questions about the automated trading and the MC team will certainly reassess his priority .

Please take 5 minutes to put your PM links and I'll vote for them ;)
(but if your requests are for the improvement of EasyLanguage and coding stategy, you already have my vote;)

the strategy programmer must speak with one voice to express their needs...

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 27 May 2016

I am all for this. Does anyone know how many votes are required for a feature request to be implemented? Is it 5, 10, 20 or based on complexity or MC resources? If we are going to make a pact, we must know all the rules.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 27 May 2016

I am all for this. Does anyone know how many votes are required for a feature request to be implemented? Is it 5, 10, 20 or based on complexity or MC resources? If we are going to make a pact, we must know all the rules.
Votes are not that important when implementing new features; what seems to be essential is how easy/hard it is to implement and whether it fits the greater roadmap of MultiCharts.

For instance, changing the behaviour of the Insert keyboard key in the watchlist has received 0 votes but is easy to do, and scheduled for the next MultiCharts release.

Monte carlo simulation tools, market profile charts, custom bar types, and playback trading are very popular (42, 37, 22, and 38 votes) but require a lot of work and are currently still unscheduled. The same goes for the bar magnifier & IOG and bar magnifier in the Portfolio Trader; both popular (21 and 38 votes), but still stuck in 'under review'.

Personally, I wouldn't bother creating a pact and voting strategically. New features will simply arrive after they're made. :)

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 May 2016

Personally, I wouldn't bother creating a pact and voting strategically. New features will simply arrive after they're made. :)
ok with you no pact needed, only choose great features for our auto-trading stategy for programmers.)

I would love many new customers in auto-trading, but why are there not here ? Only MC managers have the answer.

I do not agree with the expectation of new products, there are plenty of other trading platform, some functionality are in advance with Multicharts for other Multicharts is late.

For me the real priority is to do what every other platform do , and works hard and faster where MC is late...

I have 3 lifetime licences, everyday my three servers run with their strategy in real time with real accounts.

I always test all beta and help the developers to fix bugs and win time.

sorry for off topic ;)

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 27 May 2016

Per Henry's request, I have created two new feature requests here:

1) Add Strategy Performance Report ICON to the ribbon menu Image

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-2054 (please help vote for this)

2) Create more detail Equity Drawdown and Drawdown Period Analysis

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-2053 (please help vote for this)

These two features should not take more than two hours to implement.

evdl

Postby evdl » 28 May 2016

(but if your requests are for the improvement of EasyLanguage and coding stategy, you already have my vote;)

Here are some, but not all, PM links:

Native Higher timeframe:
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-549

Native Global variabels/ade:
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-755

BarMagnifier/IOG:
All entries with a lot of votes, you can clearly see that this is on the minds of many users
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-787
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1227
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1121
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1361
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1568
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-2004
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1439

Automation:
Just some examples
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1136
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1731

Data handling:
Again some examples.
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-763
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-2019

Usability:
Just picked one from the list, there are more ofcourse
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-521

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 May 2016

::

BarMagnifier/IOG:
All entries with a lot of votes, you can clearly see that this is on the minds of many users

BarMagnifier/IOG for Portfolio trader/backtester has already been scheduled.
This feature is a major project, and it requires extensive architectural work.
The delivery will take some time.
Harping on it does not encourage the morale, nor speed up the schedule.

ps. IMHO, I predict this feature will require multiple increases in computing power. Be prepared while you wait.

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 May 2016

Data handling:
Again some examples.

MultiCharts is already optimized to the max using IB's recommended method.
(there is a post about this, sorry I do not have the link in hand)

Anyone who trades a lot of symbols and requires a lot of back data and wants to refresh multiple times during the day ...should get a real dataprovider.

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 28 May 2016

Native Higher timeframe:
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-549

Native Global variabels/ade:
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-755

BarMagnifier/IOG:

Automation:
Just some examples
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1731

Data handling:
Again some examples.

Usability:
Just picked one from the list, there are more ofcourse
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-521
Evdl,

From the list above, can you select 5 items that you consider them as highest priorities? We may have to pick and choose our battles instead of diluting our message.

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 May 2016

Automation:
Just some examples
see post #5
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49797&p=121748#p121748

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 28 May 2016

I think you guys have mistaken...
The 4K display is part of the Microsoft's development platform, which is what MultiCharts is built on. MultiCharts did not create 4K. It merely turned on the switch, and updated a few icons. The table could easily have turned the other way -- you happened to buy a new monitor and complain that the screen is illegible. There is no need to be so ungracious and so thorny about something so inconsequential.
TJ,

Per my original comment, I think that MC10 should be called MC9.2 or MC9.6 because there are no significant architecture changes. If the 4K display is part of the Microsoft's development platform and MC merely turned on the switches, and updated a few icons.

I think that backfilling should be a parallel process to speed up the loading of the chart and the calculation of a strategy on a single chart. IMHO, we need faster and more powerful engine (parallel processing) not just a fresh coat of paint (4K and new icons) and calling it a new software release.

evdl

Postby evdl » 28 May 2016

Evdl,

From the list above, can you select 5 items that you consider them as highest priorities? We may have to pick and choose our battles instead of diluting our message.
Most of the PM entries are about the same issue and describing the same improvement. The list of PM links is a reaction on the request of Smoky and Henry. Overall I would like improvement in the areas as described in post 8, with Barmagnifier/IOG and native MTF as highest priority (for me personally BM in PT as low priority):

Not specifically a PM entry. Those are only examples to make my point and make it easy for other forum members to give their vote and express their needs for upcoming versions of MC.
The 4K display is part of the Microsoft's development platform, which is what MultiCharts is built on. MultiCharts did not create 4K. It merely turned on the switch, and updated a few icons. The table could easily have turned the other way -- you happened to buy a new monitor and complain that the screen is illegible. There is no need to be so ungracious and so thorny about something so inconsequential.
From the description about the 4k feature (with thousands of changes), I came to the conclusion that this was a lot of work to achieve. Hence my suggestions for allocating resources in other areas.

I want MC to be the best as possible, with the simple reason that I invested a lot of time in MC. The only way for me to contribute to a better MC is by expressing my concerns about some long outstanding issues/improvements. Which are also the concern of many other users, considering the votes. And these should be taken as constructive critisme and certainly not mean spirited from my side.

Appreciate the continious support from you and the MC team on this forum. Have a good evening.

Edwin

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 29 May 2016

Perhaps your information as a moderator is different than ours, but earlier this month Henry still said "we're considering it" which to me seems something else than actually scheduling it.
We understand the importance and demand of this functionality [Portfolio Trader IOG] and we are considering adding it in the future. We cannot provide any ETA for it, as this is not a trivial functionality. It requires development of the new complex algorithms for synchronous multi data stream processing in backtesting and realtime on a portfolio level.
Source.

If I missed a comment from the MultiCharts team about going to add the IOG and Bar Magnifier to the Portfolio Trader, then let me (us) know. (Or is this comment from you the comment from the MultiCharts team?).

Confusing. :)

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 29 May 2016

Per my original comment, I think that MC10 should be called MC9.2 or MC9.6 because there are no significant architecture changes. If the 4K display is part of the Microsoft's development platform and MC merely turned on the switches, and updated a few icons.

I think that backfilling should be a parallel process to speed up the loading of the chart and the calculation of a strategy on a single chart. IMHO, we need faster and more powerful engine (parallel processing) not just a fresh coat of paint (4K and new icons) and calling it a new software release.
I thought the new backtesting and order engine (issue 1497), which was scheduled for 'MultiCharts next release', would be a logical candidate to be implemented with the next major platform version.

What is the current status of that feature, by the way?

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 May 2016

Perhaps your information as a moderator is different than ours, but earlier this month Henry still said "we're considering it" which to me seems something else than actually scheduling it.
We understand the importance and demand of this functionality [Portfolio Trader IOG] and we are considering adding it in the future. We cannot provide any ETA for it, as this is not a trivial functionality. It requires development of the new complex algorithms for synchronous multi data stream processing in backtesting and realtime on a portfolio level.
Source.

If I missed a comment from the MultiCharts team about going to add the IOG and Bar Magnifier to the Portfolio Trader, then let me (us) know. (Or is this comment from you the comment from the MultiCharts team?).

Confusing. :)
I do not receive additional information as a moderator.

No need to be confused. If you look at the PM, you will see that it was scheduled, but delayed.

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 May 2016

TJ,
IMHO, we need faster and more powerful engine (parallel processing) not just a fresh coat of paint (4K and new icons) and calling it a new software release.
A fresh coat of paint?
Have you counted the number of new features, enhancements and bug fixes in v10?
What is your problem?

MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 1

Published on May 10, 2016 in Beta, Events, MultiCharts and Trading Software.

Introducing brand new MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 1! Completely new design and cool new features that will make the workflow easier and more pleasant.

MultiCharts now supports 4K resolution!

Retina quality charting is now available in MultiCharts. Windows 10 and 4K resolution gave us possibility to display large objects crisp and clear with different dots per inch settings. It took literally thousands of changes to make every graphic object readable and clear when using high screen resolutions.

Completely new design

MultiCharts inherits Windows 10 style so all the objects and icons have been re-designed and improved. The new icons of our platform have a flat look which is reminiscent of the design approach taken by recent version of Windows OS.

Emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders

One can now switch between native and emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders for both auto trading and manual trading. This feature requires real-time data subscription on your broker account.

Pause/Resume Optimization

Optimization Progress window now provides the ability to Pause/Resume the optimization procedure to free CPU resources.

Bulk ASCII Export

QuoteManager now has ability to export data for multiple symbols into ASCII format in one go.

1/10000000 Price Scale is now available

7 decimal places price precision is now available in the instrument settings to support the Japanese Yen futures and South Korean Won currency pairs trading.

Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio

Added new Performance Report metrics: Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio.

Compare source code in Script Editor

Power Language Editor now has the new option “Compare source code” upon importing a study with open source code. Now you can see the changes before overwriting the code.

Interactive Brokers: Improved Position Display

Improved position information when trading the same instrument on different exchanges.

Int64

“Int64″ data type is now supported

Read below for more!

Stay tuned for more cool stuff in the upcoming Beta 2!

BUGS FIXED & IMPROVEMENTS:

Charting/Data Handling

QuoteManager now has ability to export data for multiple symbols into ASCII format in one go. Learn more here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1553
Session Break is now plotted correctly on a Renko chart if you leave it running overnight. Learn more here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49614
Interactive Brokers: Сhg and %Сhg values are now calculated for Forex pairs.
Interactive Brokers: MidPoint is now supported for Forex when Quote field is set to Trade. Realtime updates are streamed by the data feed once in 5 seconds! Learn more:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49335
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-194
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1817

IQFeed: improved symbol lookup when “Exchange” filter is used.
Fixed bug in which Ask/Bid values could stop updating on the Chart Trading Panel if MultiCharts is running for days without a restart.
DaysBack request now returns the correct amount of bars when “Build From Minutes” option is enabled.

Trading

Interactive Brokers: improved position information when trading the same symbol on different exchanges.
Interactive Brokers: rectified false reject messages that appeared after “Order rejected – reason:Cannot modify the filled order” message.
Rithmic 01: improved Realized PnL calculation for connection left overnight.
OANDA: Realized PnL value received from the broker now has the correct currency sign.
OANDA. Realized PnL from the Positions History now matches with the Manual Trading Report.
LMAX: multiple improvements for providing more precise information in Order and Position Tracker window Positions History tab.
CQG: no new reconnection attempts after “Trader is not enabled” message is received.
Paper Trader profile now has Margin settings.

Scripts/Calculations

BackTesting Assumptions now have the Time in Force option for even more precise and flexible backtesting. Learn more: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46842#p116726
Added new Performance Report metrics: Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio.
SessionLastBar now returns the correct value even if there is no realtime data and the bar is forcibly closed after timeout.
RecalcLastBarAfter was not triggered after “Assign the initial market position” window was shown.
Power Language Editor now has the new option “Compare source code” upon importing a study with open source code
Power Language Editor can now export studies into a location that has non-English characters in the path, but the OS language is English.
Made some changes to fix the difference between the Chart Backtest and Portfolio Backtest. More info: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49393
UpTicks & DownTicks for the Volume Delta & Cumulative Delta chart types are now available in the code. Learn more: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1437
Drawings placed from the code no longer have “Anchor to bars” enabled by default.
New reserved words introduced for placing drawings with the “Anchor to bars” enabled: “tl_anchor_to_bars”, “tl_get_anchor_to_bars”, “text_anchor_to_bars”, “text_get_anchor_to_bars”, “arw_anchor_to_bars”, “arw_get_anchor_to_bars”.”
Dependent Functions are now exported (when the corresponding option is selected) even if they are used only in the study inputs.
“Int64″ data type is now supported. Learn more here: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1097
Added new reserved word “GetRTSymbolName” that returns the real-time symbol name in case the “Merge data sources” option is enabled. In case of a custom futures instrument – the name of the last contract is returned.
Added new reserved words “OptionType”, “,Strike” and constants “Put”, “Call” for accessing the option instruments settings from the code.

Stability/Performance

Fixed tricky Exception that could appear upon simultaneous order fill event and ChangeMarketPosition execution upon auto trading shutdown.
Fixed memory leak when performing optimization with some special orders in the signals.
Fixed Exception that could appear under unknown circumstances in the Portfolio Trader.

Usability/Visual

Signal inputs are now displayed in the Strategy Performance Report window.
Volume Profile is now displayed correctly on charts with the “Merge data sources” option enabled.
The number of contracts is now pre-highlighted in the Trading Calculator window called from the Chart Trading panel/Trade Bar/DOM window.
Rectified issue with Volume Profile not updating in realtime when Start/End mode with Stick option is used.
Quote Manager’s “ASCII Data Import” window now shows all controls correctly when OS Display Scaling is set to 125%.
Quote Manager window now preserves the column width configured by the user.
Order and Position Tracker window now correctly displays the “1/32 and S of 32nd” price scale values.
Optimization Progress window now provides the ability to Pause/Resume the optimization procedure. More info: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-847
One can now assign keyboard shortcuts for the “Remove All Drawings” “Remove All Visible Drawings”, “Clone Drawing” options and also for opening the “Manage Broker Profiles” window.
It is now possible to copy multiple symbols from the MultiCharts Scanner window and paste them into the Portfolio Trader (or vice versa). More info: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49570
In case some symbols failed to load the data in Portfolio Trader – “Loading Data” window now shows the complete list of such symbols and allows to copy them to clipboard.
Hint window now shows the UpVol & DownVol values for the Volume Delta & Cumulative Delta chart types.

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 May 2016

I think that backfilling should be a parallel process to speed up the loading of the chart and the calculation of a strategy on a single chart.
Not speaking for MultiCharts...

I hate to burst your dream and bring you down to earth,
but "backfilling and simultaneously calculating a strategy" is not going to happen in your lifetime.

This is equivalent to asking Ferrari to deliver your new car while they are still building the engine.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 29 May 2016

I think that backfilling should be a parallel process to speed up the loading of the chart and the calculation of a strategy on a single chart.

but "backfilling and simultaneously calculating a strategy" is not going to happen in your lifetime.

This is equivalent to asking Ferrari to deliver your new car while they are still building the engine.
I agree with you MC 10 have lot of new features, but Adrian have a very good idea.

When you program computer game you display half screen when you compute the second half screen !

how do other trading platform who start immediatly ?

may be :

a) they store all last trades with datafeed datas ?

b) they start filing graph by the end of chart ?

one thing is sure MC10 backfill the chart, compute again your stategy from the beginig and when you clic on SA MC compute again from the begining ...

use this code in signal with IOG ON. (chart with 5000 candles)

Code: Select all

vars: intrabarpersist TickNumber(0);

if barstatus=2 then TickNumber=0
TickNumber=TickNumber+1;
messagelog("Bar Number ",Symbol_CurrentBar," Tick ",TickNumber);
And you will see MC loading chart process ....

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 29 May 2016

TJ,

I think that you got us all wrong. All of us have purchased MC lifetime license; hence, we truly believe in MC. We have invested a lot of time and money in MC and it is our interests to keep MC at the forefront of the development. MC can be the leader in the systematic trading platform development or quickly become a follower.

Personally, I understand that MC is trying to cater to the manual traders with the 4K display to attract more users. Unfortunately, you can't be all thing to everyone i.e. catering to both systematic traders and manual traders at the same time. I concur with Smoky, MC are behind in several areas compared to other trading platforms. MC needs to work harder to catch up and also to innovate.

Attracting new users is a great thing as it generates more revenue for the firm. However, frustrating current users is not a good long-term strategy.

Return to “MultiCharts”