Playback mode - Interactive Brokers with Paper Trading Acct

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
syswizard

Playback mode - Interactive Brokers with Paper Trading Acct

Postby syswizard » 21 May 2016

From the manual:
Note: If you try to place a manual order during data playback when a broker profile is connected, the order will be sent to the broker with the current market price. That is not possible to place simulated orders during the data playback for testing purposes. All orders are sent to the currently connected broker.
So, with a real-time feed, but using a paper trading account established at Interactive, I SHOULD be able to place simulated orders, correct ?
My objective is to use automated entry signals but try to determine if can more profitably exit the position manually than thru an automated exit signal.
Can I disconnect the broker profile to do this ?

TJ

Re: Playback mode - Interactive Brokers with Paper Trading A

Postby TJ » 21 May 2016

From the manual:
Note: If you try to place a manual order during data playback when a broker profile is connected, the order will be sent to the broker with the current market price. That is not possible to place simulated orders during the data playback for testing purposes. All orders are sent to the currently connected broker.
So, with a real-time feed, but using a paper trading account established at Interactive, I SHOULD be able to place simulated orders, correct ?
My objective is to use automated entry signals but try to determine if can more profitably exit the position manually than thru an automated exit signal.
Can I disconnect the broker profile to do this ?
You understanding is correct.

Return to “MultiCharts”