proper parameter setup for Master Strategy in the DOM window

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PeterS

proper parameter setup for Master Strategy in the DOM window

Postby PeterS » 24 May 2016

Dear Traders,

I have some issues with setting up the Master Strategy in the DOM window in the correct way.
I’ll try to explain what my goals are with the help of a fictional example.

By the way, I’m trading forex.

When I enter a long position for for instance the EUR.USD at a 1.12150 with 100,000 contracts, I want to have a scale out exit strategy with the following setup:

Step 1
After entering the position, I want to have a StopLoss at 1.12050.
In case the StopLoss is triggered all 100.000 contracts are to be sold.
This StopLoss will result in a loss of approximately € 100.00 (not including spread and commissions)

I also want to have a Profit Target at 1.12250 for 40.000 contracts.
This will result in a profit of approximately € 40.00

Step 2
After the Profit Target of step 1 is reached and 40.000 contracts are sold at 1.12250, I want to change the StopLoss to 1.12150 for all remaining 60.000 contracts.

I also want to change the Profit Target to 1.12350 for 35.000 contracts.
This will result in a profit of approximately € 65.00

Step 3
After the Profit Target in Step 2 is reached and 35.000 contracts are sold at 1.12350, I want to have a TrailStop of 0.0200 for the remain 25.000 contracts. At this time the Stop level is at 1.12150 and will only move up.

As I want this strategy to be used on every trade, I cannot enter the StopLoss or Profit Targets as fixed price values, but they have to be entered as an offset.
My problem is that in the Master Strategy Parameters setup window I cannot enter offset values with decimals in them so it is not possible to enter the Profit Target for Step 1 as 0.00100.

How to I enter this strategy properly?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: proper parameter setup for Master Strategy in the DOM wi

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 May 2016

Hello PeterS,

In the Master Strategy Parameters window one can set the offset value for the Profit Target/Stop Loss in ticks (1 tick = price scale*min move). To change indication type, click the Tick/Percent button.

PeterS

Postby PeterS » 01 Jun 2016

Dear Henry,

Thank you for your reply.
Your explanation about the tick size (1 tick = price scale*min move) is clear and I have altered my parameters with the correct ticks.

This part of the problem is clear but not everything is solved yet.

In the topic start I've explained what my goal is.
But if I enter a position, STEP 1 is not fully executed. Before the ProfitTarget or StopLoss is reached, the StopLoss of STEP 2 (break even) is executed.

I start to wonder if the Master Strategy in the DOM window is even the correct way to go?

I know how to write the whole exit strategy in EasyLanguage but if I enter the position manually, I do not know how to execute an EasyLanguage program.

Can you please help me to setup the Master Strategy in the DOM window correctly or can you tell me how to execute an EasyLanguage program after a trade is entered manually?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 02 Jun 2016

Dear Henry,

Can you please help me to setup the Master Strategy in the DOM window correctly or can you tell me how to execute an EasyLanguage program after a trade is entered manually?
Easylangage code is runing from the begining of your trading session, but stategy code can find a manual entry by pooling "Market position at broker" and manage your exit rule.

If you don't know EL many people here can write this code for you ;)

for exemple :

Code: Select all

if MarketPosition_at_Broker <> 0 then Setstoploss_pt(5); // put automatic stop from EL

You must synchronize your manual entry with the running stategy. MC signal to add :
"!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer..."

PeterS

Postby PeterS » 02 Jun 2016

Dear Smoky,

Thank you very much for your help.
Although your reply does not answer the issues with the correct parameter setup for Master Strategy in the DOM window, it does solve my problems.

Using "Market position at broker" and "!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer..." does the trick in EasyLanguage !!

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 02 Jun 2016

Dear Peters,

I'm not in MC Team, if you want to trade rapidly, the only way is to use Easylangage.
(May be support can found rapidly a workaround for DOM...)

And, Yes you can do every thing you want in EL but with more lines of code ;)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jun 2016

Hello PeterS,

The Master Strategy will not be able to satisfy all your needs.
As discussed above - it will be better to go with the PowerLanguage code to reach your goal.
If you want auto trading to manage the position you have opened manually - please refer to the following topics:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10817
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8499#p56745

Return to “MultiCharts”