Rithmic Loss Of Heartbeat  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony

Rithmic Loss Of Heartbeat

Postby tony » 28 May 2016

I'm curious if anyone that uses Rithmic found a number of messages regarding loss of heartbeat with their connection on Friday (5/27). It's rare I ever see these, but was inundated with them on Friday between 0900 and 0935 (Chicago time). I sent my logs to MC and Dave is helping me understand the cause. It may purely be a Rithmic issue and nothing to do with MC.

I was also curious, does anyone know if there is a way to turn off auto-trading based on a loss of connectivity with your broker? I know you can de-activate after X number of rejected orders or cancel market orders if unfilled after X seconds. My concern would be having a series of connectivity issues and auto-trading remaining on.

tony

Re: Rithmic Loss Of Heartbeat  [SOLVED]

Postby tony » 28 May 2016

Looks like it was Rithmic related per the note I received below from their tech support people.

"The connectivity loss was the result of an inadvertent disconnect from one of our isps. Once we reported the problem they restored connectivity promptly.

Our system is designed to handle such outages and we were surprised to find that many users experienced long times to reconnect or were not able to reconnect at all. We are looking into what we can do to make such a failover scenario better for our users but some of the reconnect logic is configured by the screens themselves. If a screen provider has not made use of our failover capabilities or not made use of our failover capabilities properly we can only advise them on what to do."

Return to “MultiCharts”