Portfolio Trader commission per trade

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Adrian Uncle

Portfolio Trader commission per trade

Postby Adrian Uncle » 23 Jun 2016

Hi there,

How do I set the commission per trade in MC's portfolio trader?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Multicharts64 Portfolio Trader's commission per trade

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Jun 2016

Hello Adrian Uncle,

Commissions and Slippage are available in Portfolio Trader and located in Strategy Properties, working and set the same way as for auto-trading from charts:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... talization
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... sion_Rules

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 24 Jun 2016

Are you referring to MC version 10 or MC version 9.1? I am using MC version 9.1 and there is nothing there.

Attachments
1.png
(8.72 KiB) Downloaded 865 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Jun 2016

You are in the wrong window. Please refer to the step by step instructions in the Wiki section. The link has been provided in my previous post.

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 24 Jun 2016

Henry,

Thanks for your prompt reply. To make things more intuitive and user-friendly, I have several recommendations.

1) Per MC wiki instructions, it should be an instructional manual with pictures and diagrams and not a novel full of words. We live in a digital age; hence, a snapshot similar below does not cost anything but it will create a better user experience.

2) Please have a fixed default commission at $2.5. If users with low IQ like myself can't set the commission, at least it does not show up with $0 commission. A good example of your default is the quote manager with several symbols of multiple broker settings.

3) Please maintain some consistency throughout MC i.e. in the charting window - format signal contains the setting of commissions; however, in Portfolio Tester - format signal does not contain the setting of commission but in another window. Consistency is critical in creating a better user experience. This will allow MC to attract more clients.

Return to “MultiCharts”