Symbol mapping problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
juanmon

Symbol mapping problem

Postby juanmon » 21 Jul 2016

Hello,

I'm running Muticharts version 9.1 build 12587 with CQG as my data provider and broker. I've set up a market scanner with about 20 futures contracts and am getting updated prices correctly on all but one contract, the mini russel 2000 futures (CQG symbol TFEU16), which is blank in market scanner. If I try to chart this it will pull up the chart correctly but once the chart is up, it stops updating prices, and when I right click on the chart there is no "place order" button at the top, as there is with all the other contracts I look at. Looking at the help files it seems that this might be a symbol mapping problem, and when I look at the symbol map for CQG, and click the "edit button" next to broker symbol for TFEU16, it shows an expiry date of 1/1/1900. Not sure why this would happen, as when I check the expiry date for TFE in Quote manager it shows the correct date of 9/16/2016. The strange expiration date is also locked so I am unable to change it manually. If anyone had any ideas of what is going on here and how to fix it I'd greatly appreciate it. Thx, and let me know if anything is unclear or you need more info.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Symbol mapping problem

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jul 2016

Hello juanmon,

Please contact your broker directly to have the realtime data for TFE enabled for your account.

juanmon

Hi Henry,

Realtime data and trading privileges are and have always been enabled for Russel 2000 with my broker so I don't think that would be the issue.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jul 2016

Realtime data and trading privileges are and have always been enabled for Russel 2000 with my broker so I don't think that would be the issue.
You can try using the CQG Trader to double check that.

juanmon

Yes, I have CQG IC and have traded mini Russel many times (including today and yesterday) directly with the CQG interface so realtime data is definitely enabled and is not the issue. Any other thoughts?

thx

Return to “MultiCharts”