Orders never sent / updated on the first tick of the session

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

Orders never sent / updated on the first tick of the session

Postby wilkinsw » 09 Aug 2016

I use MC and CQG API.

When the markets open (any market....CME 2300gmt , Eurex 0700gmt etc) if my strategy specifies that orders should be modified or new orders sent, they aren't.....ever! It's as if the first tick of the session (the event that should trigger script execution) is ignored.

I have to manually turn the strategies off/on or wait for the next candle for the script to be executed correctly.

I did not have this issue with Patsystems (not easy to compare as I had to restart Patsystems between sessions).

MC please advise as when it catches me out it always costs me.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Orders never sent / updated on the first tick of the ses

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Aug 2016

Hello wilkinsw,

Please send us the following information for analysis of this case to support@multicharts.com:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Send us the QMD export file for analysis;
- in PowerLanguage editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the studies you are using in the workspaces you are providing. Send the study export file;
- specify the version and build number of MultiCharts you are running (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About);
- your output log and screenshots that demonstrate the issue;
- instructions for replicating it on our end.

hughesfleming

Re: Orders never sent / updated on the first tick of the ses

Postby hughesfleming » 12 Aug 2016

Hi wilkinsw,

If you manage to solve why your orders are not executing at the open, I would be very interested to know what you did and what was causing it. I am having similar problems with Portfolio Trader and IB.

I will do my best to send in as much information as I have collected to support over the weekend.

Kind regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”