Trade log sync  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
roesm

Trade log sync

Postby roesm » 10 Aug 2016

This is a follow-on from an earlier question.

If I "connect" a chart to my broker (IB), then it will show my trades on the chart - even if I enter the trades using on IB's Trader Workstation (TWS). This is cool. However if, for example, I go long on TWS and then connect the chart, that entry is not seen by MC. Then when I exit the trade (while still connected), MC sees the exit and thinks I'm short.

It seems that somewhere there is a link-list that MC uses to plot historical trades on the chart. Is this information in a file somewhere that I can delete so that the system will be re-synchronized?

TIA
Mike

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Trade log sync  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Aug 2016

Hello Mike,

MultiCharts stores each order that was sent from the platform in Order and Position Tracker Orders tab. It can also receive orders placed from the other application to your broker account if this information is provided by your broker, MultiCharts is running and the broker profile is connected. The range of orders shown on the chart / included in the Trading Performance Report depends on the chart data range.

If the order was placed while MultiCharts was not connected to the broker - you will not have this order in the platform. There is no way to clear one order - you can clear all data from specific tab only.

Order and position tracker records are stored in the following folder:
MC 32bit: %ProgramData%\TS Support\MultiCharts\TradingCenter\Storage\
MC 64bit: %ProgramData%\TS Support\MultiCharts64\TradingCenter\Storage\
The folders are called corresponding to the OPT tabs. If you need to clean certain tab then you need to delete its folder while MultiCharts and all of its processes are closed.

roesm

Re: Trade log sync

Postby roesm » 12 Aug 2016

For other users, please describe what an OPT tab is.

Through trial and error, I worked out that deleting the "strategy_orders" folder under ...\Storage does the trick.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Zoli

Re: Trade log sync

Postby Zoli » 15 Sep 2016

Hello Henry,

It's been a couple of years now that we had a discussion about the TPR and MC requesting historical trade data from the broker. Has this been addressed since then or the possibility of manually editing the list of trades in MC?

Return to “MultiCharts”