Store Minute Data only, ok ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
benho

Store Minute Data only, ok ?

Postby benho » 02 Sep 2016

Hi,

I just start deploying my stock trading strategies to MC platform. The charts are either daily charts or 5min charts. After running the charts for a few days, I check the QM and just find that there are not only the Daily Data, Minute Data but also tick data.

My question is, is it possible to have MC store the daily and minute data only if the chart is not a tick chart but daily/minute chart ?

Thanks.

TJ

Re: Store Minute Data only, ok ?

Postby TJ » 03 Sep 2016

Hi,

I just start deploying my stock trading strategies to MC platform. The charts are either daily charts or 5min charts. After running the charts for a few days, I check the QM and just find that there are not only the Daily Data, Minute Data but also tick data.

My question is, is it possible to have MC store the daily and minute data only if the chart is not a tick chart but daily/minute chart ?

Thanks.
What is your concern?

bensat

Postby bensat » 03 Sep 2016

To answer your question, due to reference of Henry@Multicharts, tick data are always stored. I have the same issue that I do not want to have tick data stored from a DDE-source of Forex symbols. But you are free to delete these unneeded data by selecting all the symbols, go to <EDIT> and <DELETE DATA> and by choosing <CUSTOME DELETE DATA>. Select the data you want to be deleted only.

You won't see any change in the size of the database. The freed place is kept free for future records. I hope this answer helps.

Kind Regards.

Ben

benho

Postby benho » 03 Sep 2016

What is your concern?

Dear TJ,

My main concern is the database size. I monitor less than 50 futures. But for stock trading, the stock pool has more than 5000 stocks. So I'm afraid that database size will be too huge, growing too fast and affect the system performance if tick data is also collected for these 5000+ stocks.

Personally I'm very sure I don't need tick data for my stock trading strategies and database size does affect the performance of my current proprietary platform. I have put a lot of efforts to move my platform to MC and I want it to be perfect.

Rgds.
Ben.

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Sep 2016

What is your concern?

Dear TJ,

My main concern is the database size. I monitor less than 50 futures. But for stock trading, the stock pool has more than 5000 stocks. So I'm afraid that database size will be too huge, growing too fast and affect the system performance if tick data is also collected for these 5000+ stocks.

Personally I'm very sure I don't need tick data for my stock trading strategies and database size does affect the performance of my current proprietary platform. I have put a lot of efforts to move my platform to MC and I want it to be perfect.

Rgds.
Ben.

Are you running out of disk space?

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Sep 2016

What is your concern?

Dear TJ,
::

... database size does affect the performance of my current proprietary platform.

::

Rgds.
Ben.

How so?

Can you describe the specific performance effects?

Return to “MultiCharts”