MULTICHARTS 10.0 BETA 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 10.0 BETA 2

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Sep 2016

MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 2 is available for download now (builds 13286/13287)!
MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 2 has multiple new features as well as minor updates and fixes for features that were introduced in Beta 1.

Click here for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 2 download page <<<

arnie

Re: MULTICHARTS 10.0 BETA 2

Postby arnie » 20 Sep 2016

The feedback app really looks good.

Regarding the screenshot, I think we should have the possibility to attached a custom image.
Maybe we want to show something very specific...

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 20 Sep 2016

I just installed Beta 2 (I had beta1 installed) and I noticed that I'm NOT getting trade confirmations when using ChartTrader (Ladies voice is missing) I just get a "beep" instead.. Is there an option to turn her voice on or off ? (I tried files, preferences, and alerts are turned on). I'm not sure where else to look.

arnie

Postby arnie » 20 Sep 2016

I just installed Beta 2 (I had beta1 installed) and I noticed that I'm NOT getting trade confirmations when using ChartTrader (Ladies voice is missing) I just get a "beep" instead.. Is there an option to turn her voice on or off ? (I tried files, preferences, and alerts are turned on). I'm not sure where else to look.

Check Windows Sounds (on Win10 just search for system sounds and you'll go directly to it) option and see if MC sounds are correctly assigned.
It has happened before, after an installation, sounds get unassigned.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 20 Sep 2016

Check Windows Sounds (on Win10 just search for system sounds and you'll go directly to it) option and see if MC sounds are correctly assigned.
It has happened before, after an installation, sounds get unassigned.
** Thanks Arnie- that was it !

tcat

Postby tcat » 22 Sep 2016

What's up with "MC-1497 - New Auto Trading and Backtesting engine" ?

It keeps getting postponed release after release, but as much as I appreciate improvements and enhanced visual settings, I would definitely favor improved back testing... when shall we see this request happening?

Cheers,
Thierry

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 22 Sep 2016

I upgraded and now have no data with CQG, all settings look fine

arnie

Postby arnie » 22 Sep 2016

I upgraded and now have no data with CQG, all settings look fine
please post some screenshots of those settings, a chart, something, that can help us helping you

maybe you should go to live chat so the guys can check, live, what is happening

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 23 Sep 2016

Multicharts 10 and Windows 10 don't seem to get along without some tweaking, apparently Win 10 disables .NET 3.5 package which MC is reliant on

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Sep 2016

What's up with "MC-1497 - New Auto Trading and Backtesting engine" ?

It keeps getting postponed release after release, but as much as I appreciate improvements and enhanced visual settings, I would definitely favor improved back testing... when shall we see this request happening?

Cheers,
Thierry
Hello Thierry,

This functionality has not been yet targeted to any specific version of the platform.
Please follow the corresponding Project Management entry to get the latest updates.

evdl

Postby evdl » 03 Oct 2016

Just did the update from MCx64 9.1 release to MCx64 10 beta2.

First impression is, it´s faster in general. And a nice fresh look.

In powerlanguage editor, I made a lot of folders in the studies "tree" to file my indicators/signals and functions and group them to my likings. Those folders are gone after the update and my ind/sig/func are now on alphabetical order in the "tree".

Is there a way to get my folders back. And is there something I need to do to prevent this from happening with future updates?
Attachments
folders.png
(24.55 KiB) Downloaded 3647 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 03 Oct 2016

Just did the update from MCx64 9.1 release to MCx64 10 beta2.

First impression is, it´s faster in general. And a nice fresh look.

In powerlanguage editor, I made a lot of folders in the studies "tree" to file my indicators/signals and functions and group them to my likings. Those folders are gone after the update and my ind/sig/func are now on alphabetical order in the "tree".

Is there a way to get my folders back. And is there something I need to do to prevent this from happening with future updates?
Have always a backup of the file in the PLEditor folder at
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\TS Support\MultiCharts64\PLEditor

This is the file where all your folders are saved.

evdl

Thank Arnie,

I found the files. There are two files:

custom_folders.bin and custom_folders_v2.bin. The V2 is the newest.

Do I need to rename this or delete the newest to revert back to the old situation?

evdl

I read in the list of new features that it is possible to emulate stop/stop limit order locally.

Found the settings in the preferences.

How do I place a stop limit with the chart trader and keep this locally?

arnie

Postby arnie » 03 Oct 2016

Thank Arnie,

Do I need to rename this or delete the newest to revert back to the old situation?
You need to test.
I had the same problem once and I remember I had to rename a file but to tell you the truth I don't remember the exact one. I believe that the file ended up corrupted and since I have always an updated backup, I had to replace it but this might not be your case.
From now on, have always a backup of that file. For those that like to have their own studies organized by folders and subfolders, this file is priceless

First remove one of the files from the folder so MC don't get confused and test both of them, separately, renaming the V2 but saving a copy of it first.
Remember of doing all of this with all MC instances closed.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Oct 2016

I read in the list of new features that it is possible to emulate stop/stop limit order locally.

Found the settings in the preferences.

How do I place a stop limit with the chart trader and keep this locally?
Hello evdl,

One can now switch between native and emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders for both auto trading and manual trading. This feature requires realtime data subscription on your broker account.

When a stop order is emulated - once the stop price level is reached by the corresponding ask or bid series, a market order is sent to the broker.
When a stop-limit order is emulated - once the stop price level is reached by the corresponding ask or bid series, a limit order is sent to the broker.
In case Stop and/or Stop-Limit order emulation is enabled - the emulated OCO group is used, disregard the broker profile/autotrading plugin settings.

To enable the Stop and/or Stop-Limit order emulation for the auto trading go to Format-> Strategy Properties-> Auto trading tab-> Automate order execution settings.
To enable the Stop and/or Stop-Limit order emulation for the manual trading go to File-> Preferences-> Trading tab->Manual Trading options. In order to apply the changes one needs to disconnect the broker profile and reconnect it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Oct 2016

Thank Arnie,

evdl, unfortunately the only way to get back the folders setup is to restore the file from backup (if it was created before the update).

bensat

Postby bensat » 06 Oct 2016

Imported data in txt and/or csv format are not stored in QuoteManager for DDE symbols (for instance MT4). At least not here in a virtual machine.

Kind Regards.

Ben

SP

Postby SP » 07 Oct 2016

I am using the same settings for the custom futures for over 2 years but since Build 13287 i am getting some messages after opening the workspace "Message: Incorrect data might be formed...". The setting are correct and havent changed in the last month year.

Also i am getting some messages to add i.e. the Z contract for some futures but these are already in the Quotemanager for months.
Attachments
Root2.jpg
(49.85 KiB) Downloaded 3632 times
Last edited by SP on 07 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

bensat

Postby bensat » 07 Oct 2016

@SP

If I remember right there was a solution for the message to add specific symbols. May I'm wrong but it was by changing a registry-entry or so. Please take a look in the forum.

@Support

I have another issue with DDE sources by changing the chart resolution. When I open a symbol the 1st time, the data I requested will be shown in the chart. Once I change to resolution, the data are literally 'gone' and will never come back. Even when I close MC, QM and the whole VM.

Please find a recorded vid about the issue here : https://vimeo.com/185938629

Kind Regards

Ben

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Oct 2016

@Support

I have another issue with DDE sources by changing the chart resolution. When I open a symbol the 1st time, the data I requested will be shown in the chart. Once I change to resolution, the data are literally 'gone' and will never come back. Even when I close MC, QM and the whole VM.

Please find a recorded vid about the issue here : https://vimeo.com/185938629

Kind Regards

Ben
Hello Ben,

You need to have only tick data for the instrument in the database. You can try the following for one instrument first:
Please remove all minute and daily data for one of the instruments in the database, disable collecting minute and daily data in the "Fields to collect" menu for it. Then restart all MultiCharts processes and plot a chart for this instrument. Now all historical data from the database + realtime data should be plotted on your chart.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Oct 2016

I am using the same settings for the custom futures for over 2 years but since Build 13287 i am getting some messages after opening the workspace "Message: Incorrect data might be formed...". The setting are correct and havent changed in the last month year.

Also i am getting some messages to add i.e. the Z contract for some futures but these are already in the Quotemanager for months.
Hello SP,

You need to add Z16 for @SMI. As for the @CL & @FCE - please send me the workspace you are using and the following files from C:\ProgramData\TS Support\ "your MultiCharts version" \Databases\ to support@multicharts.com
FBPORTFOLIO.GDB
Dictionary.ucs2.csv
Dictionary.csv

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 11 Oct 2016

Hello all,

always an issue with docking windows in multi display setup.

when you want to use a workspace made in multi displays 4k, on simple display PC, some charts can't be displayed ! data windows too

even with reseting registry docking folder ....

workaround : save this workspace with all charts attached ! in 4K PC and then unattche them in other simple display PC ...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Oct 2016

Hello all,

always an issue with docking windows in multi display setup.

when you want to use a workspace made in multi displays 4k, on simple display PC, some charts can't be displayed ! data windows too

even with reseting registry docking folder ....

workaround : save this workspace with all charts attached ! in 4K PC and then unattche them in other simple display PC ...
Hello Smoky,

We were unable to replicate this behavior with detached windows on our end. Please send me the workspace you are using and attach screenshots demonstrating it on 4k screen and on non 4k screen to support@multicharts.com
As for the Data window - this issue has been confirmed. There is no ETA for the fix at the moment.

arnie

Postby arnie » 18 Oct 2016

OPT is not saving the columns last position.
Everytime we open the workspace all columns get back to their default position.
Very annoying!

Here's a video
http://www.screencast.com/t/uQMFSWV0W8xc

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2016

OPT is not saving the columns last position.
Everytime we open the workspace all columns get back to their default position.
Very annoying!

Here's a video
http://www.screencast.com/t/uQMFSWV0W8xc
Hello arnie,

This is something we are going to work on in the next minor platform update (after 10.0).

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 21 Oct 2016

I'm using CQG API with MC10 beta2.

I'm finding that I can't get any OCOs that involve a stop order to work in MC10 beta 2. I also have the Eurex regulatory ID hotfix applied, fyi.

Do any users out there have evidence to the contrary? I'm probably the only one with the hotfix, but I'd be surprised if that effects things.

I can't even get a "breakout up/fade strategy" in the "place order" window to work. Don't know if that's related.

Any OCOs that avoid stop orders (and use stoplimits instead) work. Locally emulated stop orders may help (but are not for me).

My interim solution is replace stop orders with stoplimit orders.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 21 Oct 2016

So far, everytime I've shutdown MC 10, the PL editor process doesn't terminate.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Oct 2016

I'm using CQG API with MC10 beta2.

I'm finding that I can't get any OCOs that involve a stop order to work in MC10 beta 2. I also have the Eurex regulatory ID hotfix applied, fyi.

Do any users out there have evidence to the contrary? I'm probably the only one with the hotfix, but I'd be surprised if that effects things.

I can't even get a "breakout up/fade strategy" in the "place order" window to work. Don't know if that's related.

Any OCOs that avoid stop orders (and use stoplimits instead) work. Locally emulated stop orders may help (but are not for me).

My interim solution is replace stop orders with stoplimit orders.
Hello wilkinsw,

Please continue the discussion of this case with Alex directly.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Oct 2016

So far, everytime I've shutdown MC 10, the PL editor process doesn't terminate.
wilkinsw, please run the Feedback app from MultiCharts folder in the Start menu when this happens to send us the logs and dumps for analysis.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 24 Oct 2016

Ok Henry, will do. Thanks.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 26 Oct 2016

fback.PNG
feedback
(75.83 KiB) Downloaded 3622 times
Hi Henry,

Can you shed more light on what boxes I need to select for various issues.

MC went into a cycle of repeated hangs this morning. I went to submit logs using the feedback tab and selected:
-logs
-mini dump
-upload

This process then slowed MC even further. After 15min I had to cancel it as it was taking forever trying "GZIP Archive" 12GB of info!

When issues with the platform arise I often will need to restart ASAP to avoid catastrophe. I don't half 30mins to upload logs, unfortunately.

If MC becomes non responsive again, what options from the feedback tab should I select that will get the info MC needs AND will be time efficient.

Thanks!

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 28 Oct 2016

little bug,

when you customize toolbars :

Chart ananysis / uncheck Optimize stategy.

when you restart MC optimize stategy still here in toolbar...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Oct 2016

fback.PNG
Hi Henry,

Can you shed more light on what boxes I need to select for various issues.

MC went into a cycle of repeated hangs this morning. I went to submit logs using the feedback tab and selected:
-logs
-mini dump
-upload

This process then slowed MC even further. After 15min I had to cancel it as it was taking forever trying "GZIP Archive" 12GB of info!

When issues with the platform arise I often will need to restart ASAP to avoid catastrophe. I don't half 30mins to upload logs, unfortunately.

If MC becomes non responsive again, what options from the feedback tab should I select that will get the info MC needs AND will be time efficient.

Thanks!
Hello wilkinsw,

We can start the analysis with logs and dumps. If your user data is required for continuing - we will let you know.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Oct 2016

little bug,

when you customize toolbars :

Chart ananysis / uncheck Optimize stategy.

when you restart MC optimize stategy still here in toolbar...
Hello Smoky,

Thanks for letting us know. I've forwarded it to the devs.

Return to “MultiCharts”