Live IQFeed and MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
The9000

Live IQFeed and MC

Postby The9000 » 10 Oct 2016

I've posted in the past about problems with IQFeed not providing live data to Portfolio Trader after the end of the session it was started on. For example, today is Monday and before the session starts today, I start Multicharts, enable live trading and all is good.

If I don't restart Multicharts tomorrow before live trying, it will no longer stream live data from IQFeed.

I was told the problem was with the IQFeed client and I need to restart it. So I was just rebooting the machine rather than restarting IQFeed. However if I restart MC without rebooting, this also fixes the problem and I again have live streaming data from IQFeed.

Is this ever going to be resolved or is there a work around for it?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Live IQFeed and MC

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Oct 2016

Hello The9000,

There are no outstanding issues with IQfeed connection.
Which version of MultiCharts are you running?
Are you able to get realtime data for the same symbol in MultiCharts when you are not getting it in the Portfolio Trader?
Are you able to get realtime data for the same symbol in IQWatchQuote when you are not getting it in the Portfolio Trader?

The9000

Postby The9000 » 11 Oct 2016

The problem is the same in both Portfolio Trader and and MC. If I don't restart both at the end of the trading session the following morning, it won't stream live data from IQFeed.

I'm using 9.1R4 64 bit on Windows Server 2012.

I will try another connection from the IQFeed client to see if it will stream live data when the above condition happens.

The9000

Postby The9000 » 08 Nov 2016

It took me some time to diagnose this. The problem doesn't appear to be IQFeed, however if I leave Portfolio Trader running overnight, it will not generate orders the following session.

I confirmed IQfeed is indeed streaming data to Portfolio Trader using the IQFeed Client.

Portfolio Trader will not generate orders unless I exit and restart it. When I restart it after the market open time, the dialog box pops up asking me what I want to do with the positions that don't match, since after restarting, Portfolio Trader now generates orders that it previously should have.

Before exiting and restarting, when I look through the order logs, it shows no orders generated. So it's not a broker connection issue. I have the same problem with both IB or a custom plugin I had made for TS.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Nov 2016

Hello The9000,

The most efficient way of analyzing this case is remote connection. When this behavior is replicated please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST. We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”