QQE Quantitative Qualitative Estimation for Multicharts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
syracusepro

QQE Quantitative Qualitative Estimation for Multicharts

Postby syracusepro » 14 Oct 2016

Hi; Is there a study QQE Quantitative Qualitative Estimation for Multicharts?

I have tried to assemble one, but is not compiling. If I post then I would be ignored because of the problems, but that is just the matter, that is not compiling.

So any QQE available?

Thanks in advance.

tony

Re: QQE Quantitative Qualitative Estimation for Multicharts

Postby tony » 16 Oct 2016

Can you post what you wrote in PLE so we can see why it is not compiling. Sometimes it can be as simple as using , versus ;

If you do post please note where PLE is saying the error is (line / column).

syracusepro

Postby syracusepro » 16 Oct 2016

Hi Tony; See the code below.

Code: Select all

Function Provided
The QQE calculations are provided as an EasyLanguage function so that you can use this idea in
strategies or other indicators.
Function EL Code
inputs:
double RSIPrice( Close ), { the price to be used in the calculation of the RSI }
int RSILength( 14 ), { the number of bars to be used in the calculation of the RSI }
int RSISmoothLength( 5 ), { the length of the exponential moving average of the
RSI; this value determines the smoothing factor used in the exponential moving
average calculation }
int ATRLength( 27 ), { the length of the exponential moving average of the
true range of the smoothed RSI }
int ATRSmoothLength( 27 ), { the length of the exponential moving average of the
moving average of the true range of the smooth RSI }
double FastATRMult( 2.618 ), { a scaling factor that is multiplied by the moving
average of the moving average of the true range of the smooth RSI }
double SlowATRMult( 4.236 ), { a scaling factor that is multiplied by the moving
average of the moving average of the true range of the smooth RSI }
double SmoothRSIAlertLevel( 50 ) ; { if alerts are enabled for the indicator, an
alert will be triggered if the smoothed RSI crosses the level specified by this
input }
variables:
double RetVal( 0 ), double oSmoothRSI( 0 ),
double oFastTL( 50 ),double oSlowTL( 50 ),
intrabarpersist bool OkToPlot( false ) ;
RetVal = QQE( RSIPrice, RSILength, RSISmoothLength, ATRLength, ATRSmoothLength,
FastATRMult, SlowATRMult, oSmoothRSI, oFastTL, oSlowTL ) ;
{ do not plot until all exponential moving averages have stabilized }
once( CurrentBar > 4 * MaxList( RSILength, RSISmoothLength, ATRLength,
ATRSmoothLength ) )
OkToPlot = true ;
if OkToPlot then begin
Plot1( oSmoothRSI, "SmoothRSI" ) ;
Plot2( oFastTL, "FastTL" ) ;
Plot3( oSlowTL, "SlowTL" ) ;
Plot4( SmoothRSIAlertLevel, "SmRSIAlrtLev" ) ;
{ alerts }
if AlertEnabled then
if oSmoothRSI crosses over SmoothRSIAlertLevel then
Alert( "SmoothRSI crossing over " + NumToStr(SmoothRSIAlertLevel, 5 ) )
else if oSmoothRSI crosses under SmoothRSIAlertLevel then
Alert( "SmoothRSI crossing under " + NumToStr(SmoothRSIAlertLevel, 5 ) );
end ; // if OkToPlot

tony

Postby tony » 16 Oct 2016

Not sure where to begin there are so many things to fix. Other than re-writing the entire thing. From names of inputs to the use and non-use of IntraBarPersist and more, there are a lot of mistakes. Not knowing what you are trying to do, your request, unfortunately, is beyond the scope of the forum.

ABC

Postby ABC » 17 Oct 2016

syracusepro,

it appears this is not the full code you posted. For example you are using a function called QQE, but did not post it. With blocking the function call the code compiles fine, so the problem is probably not within the indicator code. As the QQE function from the TS forum compiles fine in MC, too, the problem is probably within your implementation. For example did you create the function? What does the function code look like on your end and does it compile or do your receive an error message from it?

On a separate matter I don't think anyone ignores you when you post your code in the forum, but you have been asked once here by Tony and in a separate thread by TJ to provide the exact error messages that you receive on your end. These can be very helpful for someone trying to help you and when you don't post these, you make it harder for someone to help you. As this is a forum where users are helping users for free you probably want to make it as easy as possible for someone to help you.

Just saying "the code doesn't compile" gives no reference to the origin of the error and the compiler will usually provide you with an exact line and column of at least the first error in your code.
Think about it like this: If you go to the doctor and just say "I am in pain", but provide no other information about where the pain is etc., you make it harder/impossible for the doctor to help you.

Bottom line is, provide as much information as possible. The more you leave out, the less people will likely help you.

I hope this doesn't come across as harsh, as this is not my intention. Please understand that this is meant to be constructive.

Regards,

ABC

syracusepro

Postby syracusepro » 17 Oct 2016

Hi;

It seems to me the code posted was a function for TS in easy language, but in MultiCharts, inputs and variables have to be declared or defined in a different way. Also, then the indicator code has to be created. I will try to go a little further, and see how it goes. Thanks.

ABC

Postby ABC » 17 Oct 2016

syracusepro,

the code you posted is definitely an indicator. Trying to put it into a function won't work without several code changes.
in MultiCharts, inputs and variables have to be declared or defined in a different way

Can you give an example of such a case, please? To my understanding there should be no difference between TS and MC in that regard.

Regards,

ABC

syracusepro

That was the input by another user. Now, if I enter the full code I posted above, this line for example will not compile, due to the QQE function, is not or there is none on Multicharts:

Code: Select all

RetVal = [b]QQE[/b]( RSIPrice, RSILength, RSISmoothLength, ATRLength, ATRSmoothLength,
FastATRMult, SlowATRMult, oSmoothRSI, oFastTL, oSlowTL ) ;
//-----
Study: "QQE" (Indicator)
Please wait ....
------ Compiled with error(s): ------
unverified function is used
line 22, column 9
causal study: qqe (Function)
//------

Other users input:

"Not sure where to begin there are so many things to fix. Other than re-writing the entire thing. From names of inputs to the use and non-use of IntraBarPersist and more, there are a lot of mistakes. Not knowing what you are trying to do, your request, unfortunately, is beyond the scope of the forum".

Also, "the function QQE is just missing".
Last edited by syracusepro on 17 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

ABC

Postby ABC » 17 Oct 2016

There is no such function in MC (there is no such function in TS by default either), but you can probably get the function where you got the indicator code.
That was the input by another user.
What exactly did the other user say?

Regards,

ABC

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Oct 2016

You are wasting your time chasing down the rabbit hole.

@syracusepro you need to be forthcoming with more information, otherwise you are just wasting people's goodwill.

If you are copying a code from somewhere,
you should always give the source of the code, tell us the background, so that people do not work in the dark.

If you had done that,
and if you have not paid attention to the detail,
people would have pointed the following limitation to you.

Quantitative Qualitative Estimation (QQE) Indicator Provided by John Bruch

TS Requirements: TS 9.1

Always give credit to the author where credit is due.

syracusepro

Re: QQE Quantitative Qualitative Estimation for Multicharts  [SOLVED]

You are correct TJ. I just have been extremely busy trading and doing other tasks, but always post the credit when indicator is published. On this case just wanted to post the code, but didn't even get the creators information, as it was just posted. Will research again, to see if any page listed creator as you stated. I know someone did it as it wont get done by itself. Thanks.

bensat

Postby bensat » 17 Oct 2016

I can understand the guys here but I can understand 'syracusepro' as well. It's hard to give an answer of such a question out of nothing, but it is kind of difficult for a person not familiar with PowerLanguage and the function, indicator structure.

He showed us the indicator code, and from the section of the function call and the inputs provided, you might get an idea what's going on in the function.

To always find and post the original 'owner' of the code is not that easy, as there is so much original and modified code flying around.

Kind Regards.

Ben

Return to “MultiCharts”