Automation Stops... Have to Enter orders Manually!!???????

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ashleyhedges

Automation Stops... Have to Enter orders Manually!!???????

Postby ashleyhedges » 26 Oct 2016

I have a strategy I am running with automation... and a very annoying situation is happening.
When the strategy executes an order during the trading session, and is in a position, when the session ends, in this case at 1700 est, the strategy stops working and turns off, and when the session starts, I can turn the strategy on, but no orders are sent. Until, I manually exit my current strategy position. Then, when a new strategy order occurs, it is sent and executed, but..if I am still in the position, when the session ends at 1700, at 1800 orders will not be sent by automation, until I manually exit out of the current position.
Can Anyone please explain the bug here. I have checked my code, everything fine, the problem only happens when the session ends, then automation ceases to work..???

tony

Re: Automation Stops... Have to Enter orders Manually!!?????

Postby tony » 26 Oct 2016

In the auto-trading setting there is one radio button "stop auto-trading if final status of an order is not received." You might want to make sure that is not checked. Sounds like your orders stay live in market and are not cancelled. Just auto-trading is turning off.

ashleyhedges

Postby ashleyhedges » 26 Oct 2016

did not work.
I will restate the problem. I have a strategy, with automation turned on, automation will enter entries and exits during the same session, session is from 1800 to 1700 est, but when the current session ends at 1700, automation will not work, and no exit orders will be entered.

I have checked the code, no distinct problems there.

So any Ideas?

Ashley

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Nov 2016

This does not sound like a coding problem.

You should use Live Chat to get Tech Support to check out your settings.

Return to “MultiCharts”