Stop issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rbn60604@yahoo.com

Stop issue

Postby rbn60604@yahoo.com » 31 Oct 2016

When an open order has a bracket attached, stop plus target(s)....and additional contracts are added to the position, the DOM auto changes the stop to reflect the new position size and adjusts the price of the stop to account for the new average price.

Is there a way to disable the feature but still enter a new bracket order?

ie. user is long 1 ES, with a bracket order using a (5pt target) 2.50pt stop.....a new bracket order BUY is entered beneath original long, but above original stop is there a way that when the second order is filled....the original stop order remains at 2.50pt stop and does not adjust ....just keeps both orders separately?

Thanks

tony

Re: Stop issue

Postby tony » 31 Oct 2016

Your original long ES in your example would have a condition IF MP = 0 then buy 1 contract. Then where your bracket orders are generated, I imagine you have if MP = 1 then sell at limit, sell at stop for example.

What you could do if I understand you correctly is then have another set of conditions that generate the second bracket order starting with if MP > 1 which would then generate your second bracket order using the current entry price versus averaging the price.

I obviously wrote in general, non-PLE language, to simply get the concept across.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Stop issue

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Nov 2016

Hello rbn60604,

Please go to MultiCharts->File->Preferences->Trading->Exit strategies mode-> select “All to orders”.
Then close MultiCharts and all of its processes. Make sure that no processes with MultiCharts in Description remain in Task Manager -> Processes (Win7) or Details (Win8) tab:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes
After that is done please start MultiCharts.

Now you will be able to place multiple individual bracket exit strategies to separate orders.
Please refer to our wiki section for more details:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... gies_Modes

Return to “MultiCharts”