procesor usage

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Smoky

procesor usage

Postby Smoky » 10 Nov 2016

You can use better procesor usage with compilator options !

In my case, i think MC don't use max power for my stategies ...

MC use max power with graphical charts, prefer use power for EL code ...

bensat

Re: Multi core support with chart window

Postby bensat » 10 Nov 2016

@tonyng

I spread charts over several desktops. A new desktop opens a new Multicharts instance. From my personal experience, makes it much more reliable and 'faster' to work with.

@Smoky

Please can you elaborate !!??

Kind Regards

Ben

Smoky

@Bensat

take a look about MC cpu usage without charts you will see 2%-4% for EL code execution

same workspace but with charts you can have 40 / 50 % cpu usage.

I run 1000 EL code lines in ticks by ticks ...

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Nov 2016

take a look about MC cpu usage without charts you will see 2%-4% for EL code execution

MultiCharts is a multi-core enabled software. It uses all cores of a processor to perform its operations.

Are you referring your experience to real-time charts? or backtest charts? or optimization charts?

Please post screenshots of your TaskManager under the different scenarios you are referring to.

ps. Most of us run thousands of lines of codes in multiple indicators on multiple charts with multiple datastream of mulitple instruments on multiple monitors.

Smoky

@ TJ

only use real time datas

never use backtest and optimization from MC.

(i made my own backtest code with real tick by tick replay ...)

bensat

Postby bensat » 11 Nov 2016

@Bensat

From my personal view your set up of charts is not uncommon. I have 10 charts open with orderbook maps only, which is very heavy for the graphical stack. But my cpu usage lasts between 1-3% only .... Sometimes, the code you are using has a huge impact. If there are some flaws, it can compile nicely but fails to work properly due to 'coding flaws'. Some loops written wrong or other flaws can cause huge hick ups on cpu usage. So only one not well written study can be the source of your problem. I would check and clear up every single chart, add all the studies u have step by step and check where and when the cpu usage starts to rise very odd.

As I suggested above, use different desktops. Each desktop generates it's own Multicharts instance. Check which desktop causes trouble.

Further and from what I understood in the past in several discussions, Multicharts just relies on cores of the cpu for strategy-optimization processes. For any other workload cpu frequency is much more important. May Henry from Multicharts or other support member can clarify it a little bit. May I am wrong as well.

Kind Regards

Ben

Return to “MultiCharts”