Charting problem  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tozwp

Charting problem

Postby tozwp » 21 Nov 2016

I have a strange charting problem that I can't figure out. I have a workspace that contains 4 charts, each 1 min data. Two charts have TF futures using IB data, 1 chart has $RVX.X from TS and the last has $TIKRL and $ADRLD both from TS. My problem only occurs on Mondays when the charts containing TS data do not show Friday's data. They will plot Monday's data fine but the prior day on those charts is of Thursday's data. I've checked to make sure the sessions is set the same for all. If I open up a new chart window and chart any of those symbols ($TIKRL, or $ADRLD or $RVX.X) from TS, the same thing occurs. Monday's data plots fine but Friday's data is completely missing. Tomorrow, Tuesday, everything will plot fine again. This has been going on for awhile now and I can't figure it out.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Charting problem

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Dec 2016

Hello tozwp,

Please reload the problem data range on a chart for the same instrument in TS (Ctrl+R). Then reload the chart with missing data in MC (Ctrl+R).
If the charts are backfilling slow then check that TS download scheduler (TS->View tab->Launch Download Scheduler) has not queued up MC data requests.
If it has then make a right click on the request->Schedule ASAP.

Please also go to Quote manager->Tools->Data sources->TS->Settings.
Is the option "Save data to local database" enabled?
It is recommended to have this option disabled to avoid data gaps.
The option will come into effect after restarting all MultiCharts processes:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes

I would also recommend removing TS cache as it can be the source of the issue
These guides should be helpful
http://help.TS.com/08_08/trad ... cache_.htm 
http://hubertsenters.com/tinys-video-up ... e-station/ 

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 01 Dec 2016

Thanks Henry, I'll give those suggestions a try and see if the problem is solved Monday. I'll let you know if it worked then.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 31 Dec 2016

Henry, tried all of the above suggested things and still have a problem. When I chart on Saturday or Monday I'm missing data. Today (Saturday, 12/31) I can't plot data for 12/29 or 12/30 for two symbols. Chart in MC has TFH7 from Interactivebrokers, $ADRLD & $TIKRL from TS. Both $ADRLD and $TIKRL will not load for 12/29 or 12/30. In TS I created a chart using IWM, $ADRLD and $TIKRL - all TS symbols. All load normally. I then tried refreshing within Multicharts but still no data. I show no scheduling issues under View, Download Scheduler and I've also deleted the cache file as suggested. On Monday if the pattern persists, I will not show data for Friday. Also will mention that in the Quotemanager, save data to local database is not checked. Attached are charts of MC and TS showing the problem visually. MC is on the left, TS is on the right.
Attachments
MC&TScharts.JPG
(319.55 KiB) Downloaded 738 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Charting problem  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jan 2017

Hello tozwp,

You need to reload the chart in TS (Ctrl+R) even if data is ok there. Then reload the chart with missing data in MC (Ctrl+R).
If this solution didn't help and you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST.
We will do our best to help you.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 05 Jan 2017

Thanks Henry, I'll try chat on Monday when the issue shows up again.

Return to “MultiCharts”