Tick replay: Inverted instrument

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sebastian Vermont

Tick replay: Inverted instrument

Postby Sebastian Vermont » 13 Feb 2017

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to get a tick replay of an inverted instrument. Here are my questions:

1) I can't figure out a way to invert an instrument through MultiCharts. Is there a way?

2) I can invert instruments on eSignal, and MultiCharts integrates with eSignal. However, it appears eSignal does not "export" inverted instruments through it's Data Manager (which is presumably how MultiCharts is integrating with eSignal). Does anyone who has experience with eSignal know any workarounds to this?

3) If there is no "native" way to invert instruments through MultiCharts, is there some kind of other way that would allow me to invert the data and play it through tick replay?

Thanks for any help/direction that anyone can provide.

TJ

Re: Tick replay: Inverted instrument

Postby TJ » 13 Feb 2017

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to get a tick replay of an inverted instrument. Here are my questions:

1) I can't figure out a way to invert an instrument through MultiCharts. Is there a way?

2) I can invert instruments on eSignal, and MultiCharts integrates with eSignal. However, it appears eSignal does not "export" inverted instruments through it's Data Manager (which is presumably how MultiCharts is integrating with eSignal). Does anyone who has experience with eSignal know any workarounds to this?

3) If there is no "native" way to invert instruments through MultiCharts, is there some kind of other way that would allow me to invert the data and play it through tick replay?

Thanks for any help/direction that anyone can provide.

What do you mean by inverted?

Sebastian Vermont

TJ,

Essentially, instead of GBP/USD I am trying to chart USD/GBP. In eSignal, I normally view GBP/USD with the symbol "GBP@FXDD A0-FX". I can view the inverted chart with "1 / GBP@FXDD A0-FX".

Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Feb 2017

TJ,

Essentially, instead of GBP/USD I am trying to chart USD/GBP. In eSignal, I normally view GBP/USD with the symbol "GBP@FXDD A0-FX". I can view the inverted chart with "1 / GBP@FXDD A0-FX".

Thanks
You can do this through an indicator.

Sebastian Vermont

Will I be able to play it through tick replay? That is ultimately what I am trying to accomplish here -- an inverted instrument played "normally" through tick replay.

Sebastian Vermont

Postby Sebastian Vermont » 14 Feb 2017

I plotted a 5EMA on the chart, started tick replay, and I notice it does indeed move with each tick movement. So it looks like using an indicator to produce an inverted instrument will indeed replay normally. I'll try it out. I'll put together an indicator and try it out.

Return to “MultiCharts”