Newbie user - Questions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
capgain

Newbie user - Questions

Postby capgain » 16 Apr 2008

I recently bought the "lifetime" version of MultiCharts. I am not a power trader but depend on technical charts. The 3.0 version is great software and it satisfies most of my trading needs. But I have some questions (yes, some might be just RTFM but then who does ? yesterday, CNBC had a segment where they said women make better traders than men since men don't ask for directions !)

- I have real time quote service from yahoo finance. Is there anyway I could that as data feed for historical and real time
- I currently use interactive brokers and free data feeds. It is OK but I usually access from laptop and it is not always connected. Hence, I get some gaps in the minute charts.
- One bit that is essential for all newbie users to know is this command " .rld glob" - this reloads all the windows and syncs. For some time I was reloading each window with cntl-R and it was making this software literally unusable. I wish they had " .rld workspace" which will reload windows only in that workspace
- another nitpicking irritant is in most windows I can't see last price marker. It looks it is 'there' because it hides text behind but is blank with same color as background. I am using candle charts.
- Other experienced users can please tell which one data feed is cheap ( about 50$ or less) that provides rtq minute (at least 5 days) and day data (at least 300). Interactive has 80 symbols limit.
- The advertisement picture on Multicharts home page shows quote screens (similar to radar screen from TS) within Multicharts. How can one get that ?
- Is there a way to export eod data for all symbols (rather than for each symbol)

Thanks!

Marina Pashkova

Re: Newbie user - Questions

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Apr 2008

- I have real time quote service from yahoo finance. Is there anyway I could that as data feed for historical and real time
If I understand correctly you have a real-time subscription from yahoo finance? If they provide dde connection this data could be fed into MultiCharts as well.

Also, MultiCharts supports FreeQuotes that takes free daily and intraday data from yahoo and other servers.
- I currently use interactive brokers and free data feeds. It is OK but I usually access from laptop and it is not always connected. Hence, I get some gaps in the minute charts.
To get rid of those gaps the charts must be reloaded.
- One bit that is essential for all newbie users to know is this command " .rld glob" - this reloads all the windows and syncs. For some time I was reloading each window with cntl-R and it was making this software literally unusable. I wish they had " .rld workspace" which will reload windows only in that workspace
In MultiCharts reload is implemented in a somewhat different way.
Three options are available

.rld will reload the chart in the active window

.rld glob will reload all charts

.rld glob, res=1minute will reload all charts with a resolution of 1 minute
- another nitpicking irritant is in most windows I can't see last price marker. It looks it is 'there' because it hides text behind but is blank with same color as background. I am using candle charts.
I'm not sure I understand what exactly happened to your last price marker. Do you have it enabled in Format Window -> Style?
- The advertisement picture on Multicharts home page shows quote screens (similar to radar screen from TS) within Multicharts. How can one get that ?
MultiCharts does not have a quote screen. It will be added in future versions of the platform.
- Is there a way to export eod data for all symbols (rather than for each symbol)
This will be possible in future MC versions

sim

Postby sim » 18 Apr 2008

If I understand correctly you have a real-time subscription from yahoo finance? If they provide dde connection this data could be fed into MultiCharts as well.

Also, MultiCharts supports FreeQuotes that takes free daily and intraday data from yahoo and other servers.
Hi Marina, could you show in details how we can do it?

Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”