Print Log

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

Print Log

Postby york timothy » 16 Apr 2008

Does MC have a print log similar to TS? I have had a friend convert my AB candle ident program to ELD. It now gives an alert as well as providing a copy of it in something called a print log which I assume is a TS function. Thank you.

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Apr 2008

Hi Tim,

If you want to see a script's output, you just need to select the output tab in PLEditor.

If you want to have the results printed into a file you can use the print function. Please see an example from MultiCharts Help below:

Print(File("C:\test.txt"),CurrentDate,CurrentTime); will save the output of CurrentDate and CurrentTime to the test.txt file in the root directory of the C: hard drive

Let me know if this is what you need.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 17 Apr 2008

Hi Tim,

If you want to see a script's output, you just need to select the output tab in PLEditor.

If you want to have the results printed into a file you can use the print function. Please see an example from MultiCharts Help below:

Print(File("C:\test.txt"),CurrentDate,CurrentTime); will save the output of CurrentDate and CurrentTime to the test.txt file in the root directory of the C: hard drive

Let me know if this is what you need.

Thank you Marina for your help and your patience, I appreciate it very much.

Warmest regards,

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Apr 2008

No problem Tim:-)

Return to “MultiCharts”