[Request] Export all scripts used in a chart / workspace  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mydesign

[Request] Export all scripts used in a chart / workspace

Postby Mydesign » 19 Feb 2017

Dear MC developers,

Please consider adding the ability to export as a *.PLA file all the scripts used in a chart. Alternatively, this could be an option when saving a workspace, creating an export file with the same name.

That way it would be much easier to share a setup between different MC installations. Right now one has to open the workspace from PC A on PC B, then manually note all the missing scripts (warning popups), then go back on PC A to find them individually in the PL Editor in order to export them.

I guess this would save a lot of time for many users. Please vote for this PM request:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2173

Thank you :wink:
Last edited by Mydesign on 21 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

bensat

Re: [Request] Export all scripts used in a chart / workspace

Postby bensat » 19 Feb 2017

U can use templates, copy the files, export the studies and send it to the machine you want to. Easy as that. I guess there are much more important bugs/issues issues to fix. on the other hand there is a specific page just for feature request.

Regards

Ben

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 19 Feb 2017

I guess there are much more important bugs/issues issues to fix.
Such as the size of toolbars buttons ? :wink:

I guess the feature request page was exaclty made for that purpose: hear about what users would like to see next, and assess the priority according to cost/benefit.

There are tons of features in MC that I will never ever use, yet I accept that developers spend some time on them if there is a benefit for a majority of users.

bensat

Postby bensat » 19 Feb 2017

If you would just go a little deeper in my profile and watch all my requests I made for a better DOM, better data handling in the 'Quotemanager' etc etc you would not make fun out of me. Specially if you just entered here recently. You may recognize the 'feature request' page is full of meaningful ideas for improvement in Multicharts. For a long long time ...

But due to the fact you are new here, you may need to have a deeper look into it to see it.

As always my best REGARDS to you ...

Ben

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 20 Feb 2017

Take it easy bensat and let's keep it respectfull. I might be new here but I am also a long long time MC user from the very 1st beta (and actually way before that with TS2000i).

I just posted here to highlight some of the problem that actually bother me and could eventually get easily fixed, in the hope that other users might feel the same, or at least to get developers feedback. Instead, I got your sermon about how I should see things "deeper" and "beyond" while "opening my mind", yet "getting used to it anyway"...

Hopefully, you don't work for MC.

Best Regards

bensat

Postby bensat » 20 Feb 2017

Such as the size of toolbars buttons ?
Take it easy bensat and let's keep it respectfull.
Then you may start with it ...

Btw a question about a feature isn't a request for this feature .... and regarding my serdom, you may watch the feature requests list and all the discussions about an improvement in handling the software for daily work and compare it with what was rejected, what is still under review and consideration and what's implemented per today ?

Every user requesting a feature or so for his daily work which is not implemented, needs to think beyond and has to develop a workaround. Otherwise he just would have to move on to a software where he might find this feature already implemented.

But you already know it.

Ben

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 20 Feb 2017

But you already know it.
Indeed... and it's a pitty.
U can use templates, copy the files, export the studies and send it to the machine you want to. Easy as that.
I fail to understand how this is a workaround for the described situation: easily transfer a chart or a workspace AND its associated scripts (I mean actual codes, not just the list) without having to manually retrieve them one by one via the PL editor.

bensat

Postby bensat » 20 Feb 2017

..... workarounds are frequently as creative as true solutions, involving outside the box thinking in their creation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workaround

There are simple backup features requested for several times which should include study export w/o any specific selection of studies for even 1 chart.so as long as basics aren't done or implemented, it won't make sense to talk about or request 2-3 steps ahead.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 21 Feb 2017

Basically your workaround is to use things as they are... that's creative :roll:

Granted, my suggestion (sorry for the request) could be part of a long awaited full featured backup/export solution. Hope MC developers are listening :wink:

My 2 cents.

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: [Request] Export all scripts used in a chart / workspace  [SOLVED]

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 22 Feb 2017

Hello Mydesign,

I've forwarded this feature request to the Development team. You will see the status change when there are any updates.
Last edited by Angelina MultiСharts on 23 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 23 Feb 2017

Thank you Angelina.

bensat

Postby bensat » 23 Feb 2017

Basically your workaround is to use things as they are... that's creative :roll:
Shall I not using MC & quit working because 'things' are not implemented like I would like to see them implemented ? That's 'troll thinking'.

Ben

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 23 Feb 2017

That's 'troll thinking'.
Ok enough ! You shall stop your constantly allusive, condescending and disrespectful comments. You don't own this board and you are not entitled to decide whether a feature request is legitimate or not. Drop it now, period.

bensat

Postby bensat » 23 Feb 2017

Ok enough ! You shall stop your constantly allusive, condescending and disrespectful comments.
Neither ... nor ....

You should not twist my words just because you can't stand the discussion ... You started the 'respectful' manner. I told you my personal opinion. Easy as that. If you can not handle it that someone's opinion isn't in your favor and does not welcome yours with wide open arms, learn to get used to it here. We had much much much much more intense discussions here. No oversensitive whining. We still talk together ... progress is made.

Ben

Return to “MultiCharts”