multicharts information from broker updating

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rezanp1356

multicharts information from broker updating

Postby rezanp1356 » 27 Feb 2017

Hi,
I had this minor problem with multicharts today. I submitted an buy order through another software to IB. then I disconnected from internet for less than a minute, after re-connecting, multicharts showed the buy limit order on chart ( possibly got the information from the IB server), the ordered filled and the position was closed after several minutes by the other software exit strategy, but the buy limit sign was still on the chart in multicharts and when I tried to remove it, there was an error saying it is from another client (connected to IB gateway), the order itself was not active and did nothing when priced touch it several times, but it was a little bit confusing to have it on chart.
I thought that multicharts information from broker is updating on every bar and it should be gone in next bars, but it was still there and I could not remove it.
I had to disconnect from IB and connect again in order to get it removed from the chart.

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: multicharts information from broker updating

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 03 Mar 2017

Hello rezanp1356,

Please try setting Client ID value to 0 both in TWS (Configure -> API -> Settings -> Master API client ID) and in MultiCharts (File -> Broker Profiles -> Manage Broker Profiles). Full platform restart will be required after making the changes.

Return to “MultiCharts”